TOUROCOM NY - class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shakmyster

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been lurking the forums to gauge how useful it might be for me. I must say there is a quite a bit of smart people ;). Let me introduce myself. I applied for the class of 2015 really late due to application issus but i was allowed acceptance for 2016 and here I am waiting for aug 2012 like many of the future 2016'ers.

Lets talk and make the transition to this school easier!

Members don't see this ad.

I have been lurking the forums to gauge how useful it might be for me. I must say there is a quite a bit of smart people ;). Let me introduce myself. I applied for the class of 2015 really late due to application issus but i was allowed acceptance for 2016 and here I am waiting for aug 2012 like many of the future 2016'ers.

Lets talk and make the transition to this school easier!

I was just accepted yesterday! Is there a facebook group yet!?!? :)

I don't think there is. Also, does anyone know if we get more information/some kind of checklist of things we will need to do once they receive our acceptance deposits?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't expect anything till february the earliest. just sit back and relax for now.

Hey DocEspana,

your awesome, Ive read your posts in multiple threads and always solid material. Thanks for looking out for future touromed's.

Seriously this forum is the only place where I get any information about the school.

Hey DocEspana,

your awesome, Ive read your posts in multiple threads and always solid material. Thanks for looking out for future touromed's.

Seriously this forum is the only place where I get any information about the school.

Agreed, I also depend on SDN for info about Touro. Thanks for all of your posts.

So...is this a class size of 3 so far for 2016???? I'm definitely excited but I need people to celebrate with!!

Tom,

your smiley is hilarious. definitely shows the enthusiasm. I guess as the months pass for accepted students will also chime in and give their 2 cents.

Doc,

apparantly your very cool? is that so. interesting haha.

I am excited to join this form. I was just accepted to TOUROCOM class 2016.

I don't think there is. Also, does anyone know if we get more information/some kind of checklist of things we will need to do once they receive our acceptance deposits?
Did you get the acceptance deposit form yet?
I only got the acceptance letter without the form.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get the acceptance deposit form yet?
I only got the acceptance letter without the form.

I received the acceptance deposit form with the acceptance letter and sent it in on October 31st. I've attempted to contact them to make sure that they got it but haven't had any luck reaching anyone yet. For those who just got accepted, I'm going to assume that they meant to send you the deposit form but somehow forgot so you should probably contact them about it.

To the current students: my parents keep bugging me for xmas gift ideas so I was wondering if you had any sort of a list of things we definitely need to buy for school? (scrubs, equipment, etc)

You will def need a stethoscope; most (if not all) students buy the 3M Littmann Cardiology III stethoscope...it's a great stethoscope that runs from about $130-$150 depending on where you get it from; it comes in different colors and you can get your initials engraved on it as well.

You will def need a stethoscope; most (if not all) students buy the 3M Littmann Cardiology III stethoscope...it's a great stethoscope that runs from about $130-$150 depending on where you get it from; it comes in different colors and you can get your initials engraved on it as well.

yea need stethoscope off the bat. start using it only a few months in. Legitimately the only other items you'll 100% need are a reflex hammer and a high quality penlight. i say high quality cause i see everyone else always breaking their 5 or 6 buck ones. I got a $20 one but everyone is jealous of it and its more or less indestructible. But this is getting ahead of yourself since everything except a stethoscope you can bum off of other classmates until 3rd year begins.

they'll tell you to get BP cuffs, otoscopes, ophthalmoscopes, and tuning forks. You can do that. Or you can try to rely on the fact that most people will get these things and lend them to you when its the day(s) to be trained in their usage.

Hey yall, looking forward to this fall (or summer?)! Do we know when classes start or what the schedule looks like?

I just received my acceptance e-mail today for the class of 2016! I'm psyched!!!! is there a Facebook yet for the class? :D

I just received my acceptance e-mail today for the class of 2016! I'm psyched!!!! is there a Facebook yet for the class? :D

Nope, I don't think anyone has started one but I think someone definitely should!

Hey guys, I got in last year as a defered applicant, and Im super excited to be part of class of 2016!! Has anyone gotten anything yet from the school? The only thing I received after paying my 2k deposit was an automatic bursar email saying it was received. cant wait to start!!

I haven't received anything else from the school yet either. If someone does, can you update it on here? Because I didn't get the email in november about the extended deadline for the deposit (I had already sent mine in though) so I just want to make sure I don't miss anything else.

Hi guys

I just got acceptance email today and I am super excited. I am from Cali so I definitely need to figure out the housing and stuff. When do you guys think would be a good time to start doing that?

Thanks!

With how quickly I know the market to move, you probably can't look too seriously for apts until early spring. Does anyone know if Touro provides a forum for students to connect to find housing/roommates?

Hi guys

I just got acceptance email today and I am super excited. I am from Cali so I definitely need to figure out the housing and stuff. When do you guys think would be a good time to start doing that?

Thanks!

Depends on when you plan to move in- I know some people couldn't go apartment-hunting until the summer and moved in 1-2 weeks before school started. Others were already in place 1-2 months before school started. Another factor to consider is whether you will be taking the summer anatomy course(which I HIGHLY recommend). Use the FB group(see below) and Craigslist(but be careful) to go shopping- the most common areas of residence are Harlem(110s through 120s) and the Upper West Side(70s through 90s). I know that plenty of 2015ers will be added to the 2016 FB group to help you guys out whenever possible- including good brokers, sublets, open apts, etc.

With how quickly I know the market to move, you probably can't look too seriously for apts until early spring. Does anyone know if Touro provides a forum for students to connect to find housing/roommates?

The best resource for housing actually turned out to be the 2015 FB group, which if I remember correctly, was established in November. However, there is a new DOA and things are not running as smoothly as they have in previous years. I would shoot Mr. Perez an email to see if he was planning on creating the group- otherwise I would be happy to volunteer. If I see him in school this week I'll ask.

Any other questions, shoot away.

Nope, it's $2000. And then there is a second $1000 deposit in the spring.

thats so weird i spoke to hilda and she says its 1k to hold the seat, it might be different cuz your a deferred student..i dunno..:confused:

yay so exciteddd I'm thinking about starting up the Facebook for the class of 2016! lol what do u guys think?

did u get accepted to touro ny or ca? cuz ca is actually 2000 deposit..

thats so weird i spoke to hilda and she says its 1k to hold the seat, it might be different cuz your a deferred student..i dunno..:confused:

I wasn't deferred, I was accepted in October. I think everyone else was told $2000 also.

theres a facebook group joinnnnn it people the class of 2016! go to Facebook and put in "Touro College of Pharmacy class of 2016".

lol omg i feel so ******ed you are right..i was wondering since the deposit was odd... lol thanksssss

Another cali person here, got accepted earlier this week. Looking forward to seeing you all in the fall.

Got my acceptance email yesterday, very excited to join in with this class of 2016! Looking forward to meeting & studying (& crying lol) with all of you!

Got my acceptance email yesterday, very excited to join in with this class of 2016! Looking forward to meeting & studying (& crying lol) with all of you!

Be prepared to do more of the latter :laugh:

Hey guys, whats the first day of school in 2012?

should we be doing anything this time of the year for the preparation of the school???

should we be doing anything this time of the year for the preparation of the school???

From a 4th year the answer is NO, go have fun, if you are in school get don't fail and get it done. If you have some bucks, see the world. Next August life will get much harder.

Thanks Gold 5, How about if you want to brush up on some anatomy before classes, do you recommend any resources? (btw, I do not want to spend $3500 on their summer course)

Thanks Gold 5, How about if you want to brush up on some anatomy before classes, do you recommend any resources? (btw, I do not want to spend $3500 on their summer course)

Not sure if this interests you, but I think it was mentioned at my interview day that we can audit that class for $1000, still pricey, but much less than I paid for it in undergrad & there's a cadaver...