Tow Most Important Books In Radiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mannagori

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Textbook of Radiology and Imaging by David Sutton

51V6PWB3NGL.jpg

Diagnostic Ultrasound Carol M. Rumack

Rumack_2v_4e_g.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Tow Most Important Books In Radiology.zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 116

Textbook of Radiology and Imaging by David Sutton

51V6PWB3NGL.jpg

Diagnostic Ultrasound Carol M. Rumack

Rumack_2v_4e_g.jpg

virus??? these books are crap. 14.9 kb? at least try and disguise the virus in better books of a proper file size!

Members don't see this ad :)
we really need a moderator lol

Well, maybe to add something relevant to this thread....

I found fundamentals of body ct by webb to be EXCELLENT, and have been told it is the most high yield book in radiology

A close second is Felson's fundamentals of chest radiology, which is relevant even at a med student level

Well, maybe to add something relevant to this thread....

I found fundamentals of body ct by webb to be EXCELLENT, and have been told it is the most high yield book in radiology

A close second is Felson's fundamentals of chest radiology, which is relevant even at a med student level

I can endorse felson's, haven't looked at webbs yet. I do have brandt and helms though. It's dense as hell but if you have a specific question its a great place to go look.

I can endorse felson's, haven't looked at webbs yet. I do have brandt and helms though. It's dense as hell but if you have a specific question its a great place to go look.
Bummer since I saw on Amazon that a new version of B&H is coming out in March 2012.

Bummer since I saw on Amazon that a new version of B&H is coming out in March 2012.

Most programs give the book to their residents.. by the time we roll in in 2013, it'll be out, not to worry :)

felson's and fundamentals of body CT by webb are both must reads for R1s/medstudents. I like certain sections of B&H, like the neuro and msk sections. It is mostly a good overview of radiology at the R1/R2 level. However, for a number of the subspecialty areas you will be forced to read a primary textbook that is more in depth- like out of the requisites series (other series: core curriculum, fundamentals, etc) to get a more complete understanding (more boards purposes). One thing that surprised me was how big B&H is... .but how much is left out (eg how much pathology is left out).

Any anatomy app recommendation for android? I have this basic free app aclled quick anatomy or somthing, it is way too basic. They have grey's anatomy app available for 5$, I may look into it.

So would you recommend Felson's and Fundamentals of Body CT prior to R1?

Yes, read (become familiar with) felson's for sure (best to read it prior to rotating through chest radiology). It teaches you how to approach a chest xray and it is best to actually look at a lot of chest xrays after reading it so you can practice the technique it teaches. You are going to want to reread it (memorize) prior to your first day of chest radiology.

If you have time, you could read fundamentals. It's pretty basic and high yield for most of the important chest/abd/pelvis CT pathology. It is more focused on pathology rather than a systematic method on how to read a CT, unlike felsons.

Personally, I'm not impressed with many of the iphone or android apps (have had both phones). Some work more than others, but all seem like a gimmick to me. I'm almost always at a computer and prefer to look at that stuff on a full size monitor (statdx or google). Netter is somewhat of helpful.... but not as much as a CT anatomy textbook. These are nice to have during R1 (i got "sectional anatomy for imaging professionals" by kelley and petersen for free.... but i think there are better ones out there if u search auntminnie). Again- better images than a small phone.

However, I was really impressed with IMAIOS http://www.imaios.com/en It's really well done... perfect on the ipad. I imagine it works on iphone and android, but haven't looked into those options. While you could def get by with just statdx/google/book, if you have the money, would definitely look into IMAIOS for when you are an R1.

statdx is coming to ipad/iphone!

this is not an virus it's just torrent file of size 1.43 GB hope everybody like the books

thanks for kind reply