TPR access expiration and AAMC Practice simulating test conditions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Brown Knight

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Apparently my TPR online course access is expiring tomorrow midnight, and they apparently charge $499 for extending for another 4 months! I asked them for just a week or two more but it's 4 months or none. Anyone else have this experience?
My exam is on 09/18, so the AAMC tests are critical for this last month. If I just save the PDFs and take the tests from the PDF docs, how much will that impact the validity of simulation of real test conditions? I know I can't mark, highlight, or eliminate, but at least highlighting is not critical to my strategy. Should I do AAMC #3 last since it's the only one I can take on the e-MCAT website?

Members don't see this ad.

If you can't afford it, then take it on paper. I think your strategy is sound. As it has been hounded on this forums many times, AAMC exams are the most representative and it is a good decision on your part to take AAMC#3 last. Best of luck

For what its worth, I got my TPR access extended by one month for free by begging a lot -- apparently they are allowed to authorize one month free without the guarantee.

If you aren't too keen on CBT features you could go through the whole test (even TPR's if you wanted to take them) and put your computer full screen, then use the print-screen button and an application that saves all the screen shots into a folder. If all the passage/questions require scrolling, just take a picture with it scrolled to the top, and one with them scrolled to the bottom.

Make a folder for each test and to take it just scroll through the images in a photo viewer...you'll need a timer.

For what its worth, I got my TPR access extended by one month for free by begging a lot -- apparently they are allowed to authorize one month free without the guarantee.

If you aren't too keen on CBT features you could go through the whole test (even TPR's if you wanted to take them) and put your computer full screen, then use the print-screen button and an application that saves all the screen shots into a folder. If all the passage/questions require scrolling, just take a picture with it scrolled to the top, and one with them scrolled to the bottom.

Make a folder for each test and to take it just scroll through the images in a photo viewer...you'll need a timer.

What??? I sort of begged a couple of times and they were intent on the 4 months or none. Thanks for the advice, but I did "Save Page As..." for the tests that I hadn't taken and saved them in a folder as you said. You get to use the actual screen, just no marking or automatic scoring. I did this with the AAMCs as well; I just hope this doesn't compromise the real test simulations!

Just try and beg some more. Sounding upset helped. And its $499 for 4 month but you can break it up into a minimum quantity being one month for $125. This is from an email they sent me...and they did add the one free month.