TPR, Barrons, TGS or Berkley for remaining 8 - 10 FL's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SuperOrchestra

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I've gone slightly overboard, but i've been studying for this exam for the past 4 months, and have done Kaplans 1 - 8 and after doing 7-8 I think i'm done with the Kaplan FL's because they seem to deviating, I have also taken AAMC 3 - 7, have scored between 32-37 on all the exams, I am saving the final 3 AAMC's for the week before my exam (July 18th). But I want to take at least 8 - 10 more exams this month.

Any recommendations amongst those services? TPR, Barron, Berkley, or TGS.

I am thinking that Berkley may actually be good, just because they charge a lot, are they any good?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I've gone slightly overboard, but i've been studying for this exam for the past 4 months, and have done Kaplans 1 - 8 and after doing 7-8 I think i'm done with the Kaplan FL's because they seem to deviating, I have also taken AAMC 3 - 7, have scored between 32-37 on all the exams, I am saving the final 3 AAMC's for the week before my exam (July 18th). But I want to take at least 8 - 10 more exams this month.

Any recommendations amongst those services? TPR, Barron, Berkley, or TGS.

I am thinking that Berkley may actually be good, just because they charge a lot, are they any good?

The reality is that the MCAT is written by many different authors (a different one for each passage). To prepare for such an exam, it would be best to spread out what you do between the three choices you are considering. If you want to do ten more, why not do 3 or so from each of the sources you are considering?

Also, if you don't mind doing paper materials, old AAMC exams have 11 science and 9 verbal passages, so if you got them all and removed the ones that are on CBTs, you'd have another two tests available.

As for BR exams being good, I'm obviously biased, but I think about half of our exams are excellent (great indicators of the MCAT difficulty and style). Not all of them are great (some are average at best), but the best ones are as good as CBTs get IMHO.

Hey BerkReviewTeach, which TBR tests are the best? I have all of them but I want to take only 4 or 5 of them...I have the 2005-2006 versions...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I take it you mean the exams with the whole course? I will be ordering the 3 exams on the website. Are there more that I missed?

Hey BerkReviewTeach, which TBR tests are the best? I have all of them but I want to take only 4 or 5 of them...I have the 2005-2006 versions...

I am really sorry, because I don't know how the old paper ones correlate to the new CBT ones. I think they only used some of the paper passages from tests 1-9. Of the paper exams, 10-12 were really good ones. We still use 11 and 12 in class.

Feedback from students for the CBTs is that 1, 2, 4, 6, and 8 are the best ones to do (most realistic and more challenging than AAMC).

"Exams 5 and 9 beat you senselessly into dentistry." I am quoting a funny student from last session and do not mean to insult another field. I just thought it was a timely and funny comment in a class of stressed out premeds.

I am really sorry, because I don't know how the old paper ones correlate to the new CBT ones. I think they only used some of the paper passages from tests 1-9. Of the paper exams, 10-12 were really good ones. We still use 11 and 12 in class.

Feedback from students for the CBTs is that 1, 2, 4, 6, and 8 are the best ones to do (most realistic and more challenging than AAMC).

"Exams 5 and 9 beat you senselessly into dentistry." I am quoting a funny student from last session and do not mean to insult another field. I just thought it was a timely and funny comment in a class of stressed out premeds.

BerkReviewTeach,

How can I obtain these exams? The BR website only has CBT 1-3 for sale.

BerkReviewTeach,

How can I obtain these exams? The BR website only has CBT 1-3 for sale.

I don't think they have paper versions for sale any more, but eBay might have some of them floating around.

As far as I know, all of the CBTs beyond 1-3 are for the students in the class. I'm not to up-to-speed with the mail order people, because I don't really see eye to eye with them (not to mention their being 400 miles away from me), but last I heard they were set on only having three available.