tpr big 5 kinematics equations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

puffylover

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
can someone list them here? i heard they're helpful but can't find it on the internet.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

d=1/2(Vf+Vi)t
Vf=Vi+at
d=Vit+1/2at^2
d=Vft-1/2at^2
Vf^2=Vi^2+2ad
so thats
D=.5(vf+Vi)*t

Vf=Vi+at

D=Vi(T)+.5A T^2

d=Vf(t)-1/2a(t^2)

Vf^2=Vi^2+2ad

I couldnt read that t's real well,, and equations 3 and 4 look so similar

Members don't see this ad :)
average velocity x time. It's something you might use to really quickly find out how far a ball travels after being dropped. If they want to know how far it falls after say 4 seconds, you know that g = 10m/s^2 therefore it's going 40 m/s after 4 seconds so it travels (40 m/s + 0 m/s)/2 * 4s = 80m

average velocity x time. It's something you might use to really quickly find out how far a ball travels after being dropped. If they want to know how far it falls after say 4 seconds, you know that g = 10m/s^2 therefore it's going 40 m/s after 4 seconds so it travels (40 m/s + 0 m/s)/2 * 4s = 80m

oh awesome--does it only apply to if something is just dropped? what if it's thrown can you use it for that?

Any time where it's easy to figure out the average velocity basically. Like maybe the mcat takes mercy on you and gives you some question where it gives you initial and final velocity of a car, or i guess if you throw something in the air at 30m/s and how far does it travel in the first 2 seconds you'd know it was going 10 m/s after 2s so (10m/s + 30m/s)/2 *2s = 40m.