TPR Demo FL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AHOT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or is TPR demo mcat REALLY hard... especially the chem/physics section. I have been ok on EK FL averaging around 80% but TPR demo just killed me. What is a good score to get on it?

Members don't see this ad.

Apparently anything above 500 on the TPR FL's is really good. The highest I've seen so far is like a 510.

Is it the free test online?

I thought the TPR demo Chem and physics section was easy, but I got wrecked on the TPR 1 and TPR 2 Chem physics section

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't take the demo, but didn't get above 500 on 2 TPR practice tests I did take as part of their course. I wouldn't say they are indicative of anything... but they help with endurance and some exposure. My june prelims are 86-96% composite, which is 10+ points higher than TPR would have placed me. The AAMC practice is more relevant, question packs also very useful.

I didn't take the demo, but didn't get above 500 on 2 TPR practice tests I did take as part of their course. I wouldn't say they are indicative of anything... but they help with endurance and some exposure. My june prelims are 86-96% composite, which is 10+ points higher than TPR would have placed me. The AAMC practice is more relevant, question packs also very useful.

Do you think the TPR FLs focused on the right things as far style of passages/questions? Was the real thing MORE research/experiment/data interpretation based?

Honestly I don't know... I wouldn't have done anything differently. It quickly became apparent (from earlier months) that the score wasn't predictive, so I just ignored it. I also didn't bother analyzing question types, etc. Basically a LOT of content review with questions (non-trad!) and the occasional test to keep pacing correct.

If you can correctly answer the minutia present on TPR tests, that's necessary. (There are still discrete sets of questions and discrete Q's within passages)
If you can use testing strategies (process of elimination, pacing, etc), that's necessary. (I've heard a lot of people suffer from running out of time, freaking out, not answering all Q's, etc)
If you can answer the research/experimental/data int. type questions, that's necessary.

I never took the old one, so I can't compare it, but you're not making it through the test without all three of the above. Regardless of what company you use to prep, there will be an extremely limited slice of your content knowledge tested in the end, but you still need to know it in case it shows up.