Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

TPR Diagnostic 481

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by BUmiken12, Jan 12, 2002.

1. BUmiken12

BUmiken12 Senior Member

Does anyone know anything about this diagnostic? I'm pretty sure it killed me this morning, and I asked our proctor about it, and she said it was one of the easier ones. Hopefully it isn't so...thanks in advance...

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Elysium

Elysium Not Really An Old Beaver

Non-Student
    Hey,

I took the exact same exam morning. Must be a Texas thing. I thought the verbal, especially the second passage (about the mysterious "vigilance task") was truly horrific.
    PS was a nightmare due to coming to the exam totally cold, and I probably owe points on the BS section. I only hope it's going to get better!

4. Elysium

Non-Student
    Hey,

I took the exact same exam morning. Must be a Texas thing. I thought the verbal, especially the second passage (about the mysterious "vigilance task") was truly horrific.
    PS was a nightmare due to coming to the exam totally cold, and I probably owe points on the BS section. I only hope it's going to get better!

5. gizzdogg

gizzdogg keeper of the three lions

hey guys,
    i remember taking 481 last summer-- I was in the same boat as you. I got torn up by it, especially the verbal. Shake it off. It seriously is the hardest practice MCAT you'll ever take. As far as difficulty goes, it's all downhill from here (assuming you study). Good luck. -Gizz

6. dukeblue01

dukeblue01 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I teach MCAT for TPR, and the 481 is very hard. The verbal is really hard because the curve is rough. Don't worry though, because when I was taking the class my real MCAT score was 12 points higher than my 481 score. I worked very, very hard though. Take 481 as a wake-up call, and you will be happy in the summer when you get your MCAT score.

7. VC15

VC15 MS4

Medical Student
    I don't think TPR makes 481 easier just to help you start off, or harder just so future diags won't look so bad. It's probably just that it's your first diagnostic. Once you get some practice (that is what the course is for, after all), you'll see your scores start to improve. Assuming you do them close to the actual MCAT, AAMC practice tests IV and V will probably be the most representative of how you'll do on the real thing...

8. Elysium

Non-Student
    Thanks for the support guys! I know the fact that I went into this exam totally cold (haven't done any specific MCAT study) didn't help! I know I have my work cut out for me. It did feel good to actually sit down and take the whole test, just to get a feel for what it's going to be like to be tested for 8 hours. Thanks again.