TPR diagnostic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedStudentWanna

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine said she scored a 6 on the TPR Diagnostic. Is that even possible if you took all the pre-reqs or is she blowing smoke for some reason?

Members don't see this ad.

it's possible.... if youre not use to the timing, forgot the pre-reqs, dont care (most likely), etc......... although it's pretty bad to score a 6.

a 6, would be equivalent to random guessing, but then again she might have ran out of time very early and missed the last 20 of each section, but even then she would have to miss a majority of the ones that she did answer

it's possible b/c i think that the lowest score in each section is a 1.

Members don't see this ad :)
There's no real reason to lie about that.... If she isn't lying, she has her work cut out for her. If she is lying, then wtf??? Maybe she is a habitual lyer and can't control herself.

There's no real reason to lie about that.... If she isn't lying, she has her work cut out for her. If she is lying, then wtf??? Maybe she is a habitual lyer and can't control herself.

Or an uber-gunner; a sniper.

A friend of mine said she scored a 6 on the TPR Diagnostic. Is that even possible if you took all the pre-reqs or is she blowing smoke for some reason?

its very low, but definitely possible. The princeton review's diagnostic is probably the HARDEST practice exam ive taken. Ive taken PR, Kaplan, and AAMC exams and the diagnostic PR exam was easily my lowest score.

Before i took any course, i signed up to take a practice test w/ Kaplan and i scored a 20. A month later, i took the PR diagnostic exam and scored a 14!

as we all know, we premeds like to compare and contrast our scores w/ others. We found out that majority of the class scored in the teens. A friend of mine who scored a 36 on the real MCAT scored an 18 on the PR diagnostic.

PR does that 10 point guarantee thing and they compare the REAL MCAT score w/ the diagnostic score.

There are some princeton review diagnostics that are super-hard.

I think I got a 26 on the first one. I took a couple of the ones they had in their notoriously-hard "Tests A-D" book, or whatever it was called, and was getting low and mid-20's scores. By the time we started taking the actual AAMC tests, I was getting mid-30's, with 37 being my highest. I got a 33 on the real one.

That said, you could probably answer "C" for every question and do better than a 6.