TPR FL practice tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carpetboardbox

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else taken them? I'm in the 501-504 range on them. My biggest worry is that I have not been able to break a 124 on the CARS. My problem is I just don't know where I stand. How is anyone everyone else doing on them?

Members don't see this ad.

I just took practice test 1 and got a 500... not sure what it means. Last time I took the MCAT was a couple years ago and I got a 29 on the actual thing.

I have taken 4 of them. Best I have gotten is 504. I have done much more review since my last one. Hopefully my score goes up on the test I am taking this weekend.

These scores are just estimates that have no real value yet. Most people here have said that the TPR/Kap tests are much much harder than the AAMC test - and in the past, AAMC tests have most accurately predicted scores, not the tests from the prep companies
- I scored a 500 on TPR 1 which was a 62% raw score overall. Scored a 77% overall on AAMC.
These were only several days apart

Right. My test date is in May. I will probably take the AAMC test sometime soon to really see how I can do.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like they're extremely challenging. But I've taken two and the TPR 2 felt much easier. Still only got a 501 though :/ Hope AAMC is better!

I have taken All tests under timed conditions.
TPR one 500 125, 124,126,125 .
TPR Two 503 124, 126, 127, 126 .
Kaplan old Diag 30 8-12-10,
Kaplan .3 diag 498 119,127,126, 126.
TPR Three 506 126, 127, 127, 126.
Kaplan FL 502 124, 128, 125, 125

Thoughts so far. Kaplan is heavier on the Biochem in the PS section compared to the TPR.
Kaplan tests you for knowledge first and foremost- A majority of their questions require detailed knowledge to answer compared to providing that info in the passage
I like the experimental design questions in the Kaplan the Psych section was heavy with those, however they did use a lot of terms i did not get from my Princeton Review pysch book.
I am really hoping for a 510-514ish score. I scored a 32 on the real thing a few years back and am probably really rusty.
I have no idea how representative these tests will be of the real thing
I am also curious as to what the EK people have done regarding their tests

Reactions: 1 user
Hey there,

I finished my first TPR full length just an hour ago. Scored a 507 (125,128,126, 128). Very happy with my performance on the CARS section, the first two passages threw me off.

Overall, I felt like it was too much memory recall and not enough experimental reasoning (which I heard is big on the AAMC). Also, I feel like there was too much physics and o.chem in the first section but that could be the fact I didn't really study those yet. Can anyone say if it is comparable to the AAMC?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey there,

I finished my first TPR full length just an hour ago. Scored a 507 (125,128,126, 128). Very happy with my performance on the CARS section, the first two passages threw me off.

Overall, I felt like it was too much memory recall and not enough experimental reasoning (which I heard is big on the AAMC). Also, I feel like there was too much physics and o.chem in the first section but that could be the fact I didn't really study those yet. Can anyone say if it is comparable to the AAMC?
where do you get the tests from? the books only come with two tests

I have taken All tests under timed conditions.
TPR one 500 125, 124,126,125 .
TPR Two 503 124, 126, 127, 126 .
Kaplan old Diag 30 8-12-10,
Kaplan .3 diag 498 119,127,126, 126.
TPR Three 506 126, 127, 127, 126.
Kaplan FL 502 124, 128, 125, 125

Thoughts so far. Kaplan is heavier on the Biochem in the PS section compared to the TPR.
Kaplan tests you for knowledge first and foremost- A majority of their questions require detailed knowledge to answer compared to providing that info in the passage
I like the experimental design questions in the Kaplan the Psych section was heavy with those, however they did use a lot of terms i did not get from my Princeton Review pysch book.
I am really hoping for a 510-514ish score. I scored a 32 on the real thing a few years back and am probably really rusty.
I have no idea how representative these tests will be of the real thing
I am also curious as to what the EK people have done regarding their tests
where do you get the tests from? the books only come with two tests

i took a TPR full length about two weeks before the actual MCAT getting a 506 and then I got a 517 on the actual MCAT. I mean this was only my experience so I don't know if it would be the same for everyone but I did think TPR tests were harder than the real thing.

These scores are just estimates that have no real value yet. Most people here have said that the TPR/Kap tests are much much harder than the AAMC test - and in the past, AAMC tests have most accurately predicted scores, not the tests from the prep companies
- I scored a 500 on TPR 1 which was a 62% raw score overall. Scored a 77% overall on AAMC.
These were only several days apart