TPR fl vs AAMC FL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brwnguy8

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this has been probably discussed many times but is it me or are the PR full length tests a lot harder and different than the AAMC FL ones. Im takin the Jan 25th tests and i got a 27 on aamc 4, 28 on aamc 5, 28 on aamc 6, 31 on aamc 8 and 36 on aamc 7 (latest) and im trying to decide if i should wait till april or take the jan one. I still cant seem to get above 21 on the PR tests though.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't taken a TPR full length yet, but I know their workbook is considerably harder than the EK stuff. (edit: not the case for me after a bit more studying, just depends on the subject.)

E.g. A few minutes ago I spent 15 mins on a 30 min EK exam and got a 12 and I'll spend 15 mins on a single TPR passage and get 50% correct if I'm lucky! After getting ruined in TPR I had to try an EK to find out if I actually was ******ed or if the passages were just THAT hard at first (only been going at this for a few days).

Glad to hear its not just me!

I've gotten 30 on AAMC 9, 22 on AAMC 10 (it was a bad day :(), and 26 on AAMC 8. but 19-21 on TPR 1-4. I found AAMC a lot easier. I'll be taking two more AAMC this week before Jan 26th date.

I've been considering pushing my date back to April as well. I might just take it on Saturday and if I feel like it's harder than the practice ones, I'll void the exam, cut my losses and register for April date.

oh and i should mention, the four TPR exam scores were while i was taking the class but not studying for the exams at all really. my scores with AAMC improved after i started reading and studying on my own, so that might've been a factor.