TPR Hyperlearning Verbal Hella hard?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ihatecoldplay10101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been taking the EK Exams (Finished EK Exams 1-9, 7, 7, 8, 8, 10, 10, 10, 11, 12) and have been taking passages from the TPR Hyperlearning Book (Averaging at about a 10 based on the EK Scale).

BUT, I recently took the full length (There are a few 7-passage, 40-Q questions in TPR H), and I got like 25/40 which is a 8.

My MCAT is in a week! I'm freaking out!

I'm retaking the MCAT, my first Verbal score with 0 prep was a 8.....

Are these super hard or am I just dumb?!

Members don't see this ad.

Part of the magic of taking AAMC is that you are taking it in the MCAT format, which means you could likely be experiencing that "adjustment" phase. AAMC 3 is the easiest full length, apparently, but it's not usually the one people score the highest in.

I think it's about the same difficulty at the AAMC FLs. I average almost exactly the same on both. In both, there are some pretty rough passages.

I don't think EKs are that good because
1) A lot of the answers can be found almost literally from the test
2) Some of the answers are just hard to believe. With TPR/AAMC, after reading the answer I always admit I'm wrong. Not with EK.

I think the TPR Hyperlearning material is hard but good, and very similar to the AAMC in style, if perhaps a smidge harder. I also agree with justadream regarding its answers: they always make sense, and make my wrong answer look dumb, unlike other material, which I could easily argue my wrong answers on.

I've scored from 10 to 15 on the AAMC stuff, average = 12: the TPR material is definitely hard, and I don't have a scaled estimate to know if my TPR average was similar to my AAMC, but I'd bet it was a bit lower.

Reactions: 1 user