1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

TPR Hyperlearning Verbal Hella hard?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by ihatecoldplay10101, Sep 5, 2014.

1. ihatecoldplay10101

Pre-Medical
    So I've been taking the EK Exams (Finished EK Exams 1-9, 7, 7, 8, 8, 10, 10, 10, 11, 12) and have been taking passages from the TPR Hyperlearning Book (Averaging at about a 10 based on the EK Scale).

BUT, I recently took the full length (There are a few 7-passage, 40-Q questions in TPR H), and I got like 25/40 which is a 8.

My MCAT is in a week! I'm freaking out!

I'm retaking the MCAT, my first Verbal score with 0 prep was a 8.....

Are these super hard or am I just dumb?!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Aerus

Aerus Elemental Alchemist
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Part of the magic of taking AAMC is that you are taking it in the MCAT format, which means you could likely be experiencing that "adjustment" phase. AAMC 3 is the easiest full length, apparently, but it's not usually the one people score the highest in.

4. justadream

7+ Year Member

I think it's about the same difficulty at the AAMC FLs. I average almost exactly the same on both. In both, there are some pretty rough passages.

I don't think EKs are that good because
    1) A lot of the answers can be found almost literally from the test
    2) Some of the answers are just hard to believe. With TPR/AAMC, after reading the answer I always admit I'm wrong. Not with EK.

5. lumberjack89

Pre-Medical
    I think the TPR Hyperlearning material is hard but good, and very similar to the AAMC in style, if perhaps a smidge harder. I also agree with justadream regarding its answers: they always make sense, and make my wrong answer look dumb, unlike other material, which I could easily argue my wrong answers on.

I've scored from 10 to 15 on the AAMC stuff, average = 12: the TPR material is definitely hard, and I don't have a scaled estimate to know if my TPR average was similar to my AAMC, but I'd bet it was a bit lower.

JMMTB likes this.