TPR Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trojan50

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did some searches and found some pretty good reviews for this verbal workbook, and since I'm 5 months out of the MCAT I don't want to start using my EK passages and TBR passages.

If I am not signed up for PR class, what is the best way to get a hold of this book? Does Princeton review sell these book individually? Or is my best bet to post in the 'wanted' section??

Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

I did some searches and found some pretty good reviews for this verbal workbook, and since I'm 5 months out of the MCAT I don't want to start using my EK passages and TBR passages.

If I am not signed up for PR class, what is the best way to get a hold of this book? Does Princeton review sell these book individually? Or is my best bet to post in the 'wanted' section??

Thanks a lot!

I bought my set off of somebody on craigslist. They are kind of hard to find because I think its illegal to re-sell them. You can try eBay but about 75% of the auctions get removed by the mods. You can also try for a private seller on Amazon but I found Amazon to pricey.

You might be able to get them off somebody on SDN who is finished with them.

I bought my set off of somebody on craigslist. They are kind of hard to find because I think its illegal to re-sell them. You can try eBay but about 75% of the auctions get removed by the mods. You can also try for a private seller on Amazon but I found Amazon to pricey.

You might be able to get them off somebody on SDN who is finished with them.

Really? I bought on Ebay and most auctions were finishing.

I didn't know this was illegal, are you sure about that?

I also bought on Amazon (just verbal alone; hyper set on ebay)

Members don't see this ad :)
Really? I bought on Ebay and most auctions were finishing.

I didn't know this was illegal, are you sure about that?

I also bought on Amazon (just verbal alone; hyper set on ebay)

Yeah, I bid on a few sets and all 3 times the auction was removed with less than 5 hours to go... 3 different sellers too, all with decent feedback so you know it wasn't the same person trying to run a scam.

Then I finally said "eff it", searched craigslist, and somebody had just posted a set for sale so I got lucky (and it actually cost me less than 2 of the 3 eBay auctions would have :) although I did have to drive an hour to meet the seller).

I take it princeton will not sell their books individually...??

thanks for all the replies

I take it princeton will not sell their books individually...??

thanks for all the replies

No, unfortunately you cannot buy them from TPR. The only way to get them new is to enroll in their MCAT course which costs $1949, but they are offering a $300 discount until November 24th.

Give Amazon private sellers a shot. I'm pretty sure you can get the verbal book(s) for less than $50.

Last edited:
Yeah, I bid on a few sets and all 3 times the auction was removed with less than 5 hours to go... 3 different sellers too, all with decent feedback so you know it wasn't the same person trying to run a scam.

Then I finally said "eff it", searched craigslist, and somebody had just posted a set for sale so I got lucky (and it actually cost me less than 2 of the 3 eBay auctions would have :) although I did have to drive an hour to meet the seller).

Really? That's how I got my TPR set and it took me three attempts as the other two sets went for a ridiculous amount of money ($500 the first time and ~$800 the second time).. until I got mine for a nice low price. Interesting.

I was hoping to put my set up on Ebay in time for the Jan 2010ers but got distracted with school work, and now its too late, so I'll prob put them up sometime in Dec or Jan for the spring test takers to bid on.

I think you may be incorrect about the re-selling bit. I saw TPR Hyperlearning books at a Barnes and Noble a couple months ago. B&N doesn't buy used books to my knowledge, so those texts had to come from somewhere.

And I'm currently taking TPR so I know those books when I see them. I was at B&N with a classmate of mine and we both stopped and went WTF?!

If you buy it off someone who has previously used the book, make sure they didn't highlight the book because you will have to do the same; it is an important part of the verbal practice, learning what information to highlight so you can solve the passage as quickly and accurately as possible ^^

A couple sets of the hyperlearning books, i'm talking all 6 books, some of them had the science Q&A along with the syllabus, sold for around $55 on ebay this weekend. I'm talking 2009 sets with no highlighting. The market seems to be slow for mcat books cuz these same sets were selling for $300 - $450 around september and early october. Not sure what happened but now is your chance to grab them. i also see people list them on craiglist.

I think you may be incorrect about the re-selling bit. I saw TPR Hyperlearning books at a Barnes and Noble a couple months ago. B&N doesn't buy used books to my knowledge, so those texts had to come from somewhere.

And I'm currently taking TPR so I know those books when I see them. I was at B&N with a classmate of mine and we both stopped and went WTF?!

The books at B&N are different from the classroom books. Same strategies, but with an individualized focus. It is illegal to sell the TPR books from the classroom because of the agreement you have to sign at the beginning of class.