st.exupery

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2004
Status
Do you guys think it's a bad idea to use older mcat material (i.e. TPR 2000)? Has the MCAT changed a great deal since then? I find that the passages seem easier than the up to date ones I am using. Thanks!

tinkerbelle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2003
Neverland
Status
Attending Physician
st.exupery said:
Do you guys think it's a bad idea to use older mcat material (i.e. TPR 2000)? Has the MCAT changed a great deal since then? I find that the passages seem easier than the up to date ones I am using. Thanks!
TRP 2000 won't have as many genetics passages (or at least that's what i would think). Did the genteics change take place in 2003?

And if the passages are easier in the old book, how is that a good thing? You want to get used to reading hard passages.

OP
S

st.exupery

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2004
Status
tinkerbelle said:
TRP 2000 won't have as many genetics passages (or at least that's what i would think). Did the genteics change take place in 2003?

And if the passages are easier in the old book, how is that a good thing? You want to get used to reading hard passages.

I guess my thinking was that since I'm currently using TBR and this was my first time using the TPR material that maybe TBR is harder and that TPR is more reflective of the actual MCAT (or maybe I was just hoping). I can't imagine that the MCAT was that much easier back then. I should probably just hurry up and do the AAMC ones.
Thanks Tinkerbelle

babyeva08

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2005
Status
yes... the change to increase genetics in the mcat was in 2003-2004. i agree with tinkerbelle... harder passages are much better!