TPR MCAT cracking exam 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yjj8817

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
did anyone use this exam? opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually thought Cracking MCAT Test 1 was ok. I didn't do the VR section, only did PS and BS.
Got a 10 in PS and a 10 in BS as well. Although PS seemed hard, I had well over 25 minutes remaining when I was done!!! So I'm not sure.

Also, the BS was genetics-heavy which is a good thing as recent MCAT exams heavily test molecular bio, genetics, etc. That being said, the orgo is not really representative of what you might expect on test day. Diels-Alder reactions are not tested at all!!

Thank you so much! how did you perform on this one compared to other exams?

TPR full lengths are with no doubt harder than the AAMC FLs (use the search function, there are many threads on this). If you take several of them, then expect your TPR average to be lower than your AAMC avg, this however doesn't mean that your scores on all TPR tests are going to be lower. Do not spend too much time analyzing your score unless on the actual AAMC FLs.

Reactions: 1 users
TPR full lengths are with no doubt harder than the AAMC FLs (use the search function, there are many threads on this). If you take several of them, then expect your TPR average to be lower than your AAMC avg, this however doesn't mean that your scores on all TPR tests are going to be lower. Do not spend too much time analyzing your score unless on the actual AAMC FLs.
You're right but our confusion is that when you take a TPR course, you're given access to two types of TPR exams

1. TPR Exams 1-5
2. TPR Cracking exams

I think the latter is what we're trying to figure out in terms of difficulty

I've taken the MCAT TPR Practice Tests 1-5 and MCAT Cracking Practice Tests 1-3. I've also taken all the AAMC FL's.

In my opinion, all the TPR tests were pretty much the same difficulty except for MCAT Cracking #3. For Cracking #3, I found the PS and V sections to be extremely hard and I ran out of time on the PS section. TPR even says in their manual that this test is much harder than the actual MCAT. For Cracking #1 and #2, I scored in the same 1-2 pt range as I scored on the other TPR Practice tests.

In comparison to the AAMC FL's, I scored 2-3 points higher on my AAMC practice tests than on the TPR tests. I think most people would agree the TPR tests are harder than AAMC's in order for them to more likely "guarantee" you get above your practice score on the real thing.

Reactions: 1 user
TPR cracking 1 seemed a little easy like TPR 1-5. IMO the sciences are way easier than and unreflective of the AAMCs and the real thing. TPR Cracking 2-3 and the TPR Review tests are, on the other hand, much harder than the AAMCs and real thing. Regardless, these tests are good practice even to just build the stamina.

I have taken TPR MCAT Tests 1-5 and Cracking Tests 1 and 2 and started Cracking 3.

IMO the TPR tests aren't really that much harder, they just seem different. I thought they were more or less the same difficulty as the AAMCs with maybe the PS section being a little harder. I also took the MCAT back in August (retaking in January) and I did not feel like the TPR tests were harder than the real thing.

Cracking Test 3, though, is a different story. I started the PS section and I could barely get through the first three passages, they were much more difficult than anything I was used to except for TBR passages. I had to postpone the test for something and will complete it today but the PS just seemed way harder. One of my TPR instructors also told me that the TPR Review Online Tests are particularly hard; I will be going through those in the coming week so I can give input on that when I complete them.

TPR cracking the mcat exams are not representative of your real score or even of what you will get on your practice AAMCs. My TPR scores were always lower than AAMC materials.