TPR- Nov-Apr or Jan-Apr class??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrSal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody.

So i'm trying to decide between taking the Priceton review class that goes from nov-april or Jan-april. Any ideas/ suggestions?

Here's what i'm thinking

Nov: Pros

Start early, have the material early to work on during breaks, can actually do something with my increasing anxiety (as opposed to wait till january, 2 wks before the semster starts). Can actually identify weak areas early enough to do something about it.

Nov: Cons

Nov is too close to Dec and finals...etc. Forgetting things/being too relaxed. Finishing the material early? (i actually wish this happens) Also, there's only about 3 class sessions between spring break and the actual exam date. (i'll prolly need more in terms of 'calming me nerves'). Only 2-3 ms of physics done

Jan: Pros

Meeting 3 times a week is enough. Things may be more fresh. Will have finished at least 1 semester of physics. Will have some sort of break between end of finals and the start of the class. There will be more class sessions as you near the exam date.

Jan: Cons

Maybe too late for serious problems that will only be identified then? Will have wasted at least 3 wks of winter break. Class will start right with beginning of semster, so alot of "things" starting?

So i don't know...Any help is appreciated, and feel free if you've already taken the MCAT to mention what worked for you

thanx!
-Sally

Members don't see this ad.

Come on peeps!

I read on another thread that TPR isn't very helpful...? I don't know, it's all very confusing. What about this EK osmosis? Is it an in depth review, or v. basic?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I just finished up TPR summer course and thought it was very helpful. Still have to take the real thing but the scores on my last few practice tests have made me very happy. I highly reccommend TPR, their books and practice workbooks are great. Mock MCAT's essential.

Do the Nov. class. The summer class went by sooo fast. It is easy to get behind, and you will get behind over break, but it gives you more time to catch up. I have spent the last few weeks cramming like crazy. It is just so much material covered really quickly. I think you'll be glad to have the extra time to let it all sink in.