TPR Ochem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deepa100

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it me or TPR Ochem review does not go into much detail? Is any one just following this and nothing else?

Members don't see this ad.

I have yet to find a really good OChem prep book. EK only does 4 chapters and some flashcards.

I also feel like many of the reviews are banking on the idea that the BS section is only 25% OChem... which just is not true anymore.

I would love to know if anyone could recommend a better review for OChem.

I have yet to find a really good OChem prep book. EK only does 4 chapters and some flashcards.

I also feel like many of the reviews are banking on the idea that the BS section is only 25% OChem... which just is not true anymore.

I would love to know if anyone could recommend a better review for OChem.

I'm obviously pretty biased here, but I tend to think our organic chem books go into a good amount of depth in the perfect spots (lab techniques, carbonyl chemistry, common mechanisms, and heteroatom rich molecules). Of course the ironic thing is that people tend to complain that they cover too much based on the idea that the BS section is about 1/3 o chem (at most). They make the mistake of thinking that because there aren't as many passages on organic chemistry topics that the amount of potential material has been reduced. There are still plenty of o chem topics that can land on the exam.

It's not? If you look through the April MCAT takers threads, it sounds like everyone had only one, if any, Orgo passages on the MCAT.