Tpr Online Diags

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blowmeupjon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
are princeton review's online diags harder than normal? Are they representative of where your at as far as you score?

Members don't see this ad.

I actually stopped taking the TPR tests and just took the AAMC tests because I was doing much worse on the TPR ones and it was discouraging me.

I forget the specific test numbers, but the scores went like this, in order:

TPR - 33
AAMC - 37
TPR - 33
AAMC - 38

It seemed like TPR wasn't giving me a good indication of how well I was actually doing, so I just stopped taking them. I think the 7 AAMC tests you get free through TPR is more than enough to study for the actual thing and are closer in difficulty and material covered as well.

TPR isn't that much different than the AAMCs in my opinion.

bio might be slightly harder but everything else is on par. i stopped taking the TPR after the 3rd one (23, 27, 30). once i hit 30 i went with the AAMCs [30, 32] ( i was getting behind on the tpr homework/tests ). I got a 32 on the real thing.

i would definitely suggest taking as many TPR and AAMC tests as you can. i only took 5 because i was getting burned out. however, in hindsight, the more practice the better. i definitely could have used the extra practice. even if you can't do all 3 sections in one sitting, go through one section at a time. that whole hour + time it takes to correct the section is a good practice session.

I found the TPR tests to be more representative of my score than the AAMC. I did all but one of the AAMCs. My scores ranged between 30 and 37. Some of them felt downright easy. When I took the real thing in May, it felt a lot harder (I got a 28M). When I retook, I focused just on TPR tests (which felt harder) and averaged a 30/31 and I ended out getting a 31O the second time around.

Bottomline: Take as many practice tests as possible but take the grade you get at them with a grain of salt. Use them more as a way to focus your studying.

Looks like the responses are all over the board. As to the second part of your question (that I somehow missed before), the average of my AAMC tests was 1.5 points below my actual score. As for the TPR tests, I took them all at the beginning before I had studied a whole lot, so take it with a grain of salt that my TPR average was about 9 points below my actual score.