TPR Online Drills vs EK Verbal 101 (and) Substance vs Style

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meliora27

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thinking out loud here but wondering if anyone else feels this way. With respect to VR, I think that EK 101 is the best. HOWEVER, unlike the actual MCAT which is administered on the computer, EK 101 is on paper. Perhaps it's psychological, but I really think it's easier to do verbal when it's on an actual piece of paper in front of you. That being said, while EK may have the substance, do you think TPR with their online VR drills takes the cake for style, as it's done on the computer, just like the real deal?

Members don't see this ad.

Just thinking out loud here but wondering if anyone else feels this way. With respect to VR, I think that EK 101 is the best. HOWEVER, unlike the actual MCAT which is administered on the computer, EK 101 is on paper. Perhaps it's psychological, but I really think it's easier to do verbal when it's on an actual piece of paper in front of you. That being said, while EK may have the substance, do you think TPR with their online VR drills takes the cake for style, as it's done on the computer, just like the real deal?

Some of my friends who have taken the MCAT recently said that their verbal seemed more like TPR verbal, so I think the TPR online drills as well as their verbal section in their tests are good practice. I haven't taken the test yet, so I'm not too sure, but that's what I've been told.

I don't know about TPR verbal but IMO I would just go with EK 101 passages and take practice FL's on computer?
or
just do EK 101 passages and FL's both on paper and just read newspapers/magazines online so therefore you'll get used to reading online

just my 3.1416 cents...