1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

TPR or BR?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by NRAI2001, Apr 3, 2004.

?

TPR or BR

Poll closed Apr 23, 2004.
  1. The princeton review

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Berkeley Review

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Neither

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. NRAI2001

NRAI2001 3K Member
    10+ Year Member

Which do u think is better and why? Personal experience would be great, especially if you have already taken the MCAT. I am trying to choose a course for this summer. Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. UCLAstudent

UCLAstudent I'm a luck dragon!
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm in the Berkeley class. I realize that there are different opinions out there, but I think it is amazing. The teachers, for the most part, are wonderful. The best part, for me, has been their materials. They give out something like 1300 practice passages (combining the books and practice exams). The books contain 10-15 passages per topic (i.e. kidneys, SN reactions, torque, etc.). It has really boosted my confidence. I wholeheartedly recommend it. :)

Wow, I sound like a person giving a "testimony" for an infomercial. :D

4. NRAI2001

NRAI2001 3K Member
    10+ Year Member

Wow, thats really good 10-15 passages per topic? So will there be be 10-15 passages on every topic (i.e. momentum, electromagnetism, acid base chem, glycolosis...)?

5. sdnstud

sdnstud 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

i have taken both tpr and br. i personally prefer tpr over br. yes, br gives you more passages to practice with but tpr's passages are more similar to the real mcat. More importantly, pr is much better in verbal than br. br's verbal is just ridiculously unlike the real mcat.

6. NRAI2001

NRAI2001 3K Member
    10+ Year Member

I m not too worried about verbal, i took TPR for awhile, but then I dropped it bc it was too much during teh school year, and I was doing pretty well in verbal. Which is better in science TPR or BR?

7. UCLAstudent

UCLAstudent I'm a luck dragon!
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yep. :)

I'm not familiar with TPR, so I can't comment on their sciences. For Berkeley, the g-chem and o-chem is REALLY GOOD. The physics isn't as good, but it does prepare you well. The bio is very detailed (much more detailed than the actual MCAT will be), but it makes going through the MCAT so much faster. I had 40 minutes left over on my last practice exam bio section.

8. NRAI2001

NRAI2001 3K Member
    10+ Year Member

Thats good, g-chem and bio where the sections that I had the most trouble with.