TPR or BR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which do u think is better and why? Personal experience would be great, especially if you have already taken the MCAT. I am trying to choose a course for this summer. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the Berkeley class. I realize that there are different opinions out there, but I think it is amazing. The teachers, for the most part, are wonderful. The best part, for me, has been their materials. They give out something like 1300 practice passages (combining the books and practice exams). The books contain 10-15 passages per topic (i.e. kidneys, SN reactions, torque, etc.). It has really boosted my confidence. I wholeheartedly recommend it. :)

Wow, I sound like a person giving a "testimony" for an infomercial. :D

Originally posted by UCLAstudent
I'm in the Berkeley class. I realize that there are different opinions out there, but I think it is amazing. The teachers, for the most part, are wonderful. The best part, for me, has been their materials. They give out something like 1300 practice passages (combining the books and practice exams). The books contain 10-15 passages per topic (i.e. kidneys, SN reactions, torque, etc.). It has really boosted my confidence. I wholeheartedly recommend it. :)

Wow, I sound like a person giving a "testimony" for an infomercial. :D

Wow, thats really good 10-15 passages per topic? So will there be be 10-15 passages on every topic (i.e. momentum, electromagnetism, acid base chem, glycolosis...)?

i have taken both tpr and br. i personally prefer tpr over br. yes, br gives you more passages to practice with but tpr's passages are more similar to the real mcat. More importantly, pr is much better in verbal than br. br's verbal is just ridiculously unlike the real mcat.

Members don't see this ad :)
I m not too worried about verbal, i took TPR for awhile, but then I dropped it bc it was too much during teh school year, and I was doing pretty well in verbal. Which is better in science TPR or BR?

Originally posted by NRAI2001
Wow, thats really good 10-15 passages per topic? So will there be be 10-15 passages on every topic (i.e. momentum, electromagnetism, acid base chem, glycolosis...)?

Yep. :)

I'm not familiar with TPR, so I can't comment on their sciences. For Berkeley, the g-chem and o-chem is REALLY GOOD. The physics isn't as good, but it does prepare you well. The bio is very detailed (much more detailed than the actual MCAT will be), but it makes going through the MCAT so much faster. I had 40 minutes left over on my last practice exam bio section.

Originally posted by UCLAstudent
Yep. :)

I'm not familiar with TPR, so I can't comment on their sciences. For Berkeley, the g-chem and o-chem is REALLY GOOD. The physics isn't as good, but it does prepare you well. The bio is very detailed (much more detailed than the actual MCAT will be), but it makes going through the MCAT so much faster. I had 40 minutes left over on my last practice exam bio section.

Thats good, g-chem and bio where the sections that I had the most trouble with.