TPR or EK for someone who isn't great at orgo&physics/graduated last year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedgrl1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there. Any recommendations for either the TPR or EK prep course? I have good foundation of all the sciences but I've always struggled more with chem/physics. Would you suggest TPR or EK in this case? I've heard wonderful things about EK, but that was coming from 2 people who were pretty good at chem/physics and taking it at the time. I haven't taken those courses in about a year. I've also heard EK is best for a refresher. I'm need something in between a refresher and a solid review of material. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I took some of my prereqs 15 years ago, so I bought nearly all the major books, but don't have money for a prep course. I found that the EK books were a little sketchy for me and I couldn't understand them in their bare bones structure. I got the 2010 version of TPRH and it clicks with me amazingly well. I read the chapter and work the example problems, then watch the videos from coursesaver and use their quiz. Finally, I work through 1/3 of the problems in the TPRH science workbook on the chapter. I'm making progress and learning what I need to. I tried the BR books but they were so detailed I was overwhelmed. I'll tackle them as I need to when I start doing full lengths. Something similar may work for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
If you need more of a foundation in the sciences don't use EK. The TPR bio book is very thorough so I'd use that based on what you said you're looking for. I'm pleased with the TPR books. (Other than bio but I need more of a refresher than anything).

Members don't see this ad :)
If you need more of a foundation in the sciences don't use EK. The TPR bio book is very thorough so I'd use that based on what you said you're looking for. I'm pleased with the TPR books. (Other than bio but I need more of a refresher than anything).
What was wrong with TPR bio?? I was considering purchasing it

Nothing is wrong with it at all!
I just don't need such a detailed approach so I'm using EK for content review for bio

Hey there. Any recommendations for either the TPR or EK prep course? I have good foundation of all the sciences but I've always struggled more with chem/physics. Would you suggest TPR or EK in this case? I've heard wonderful things about EK, but that was coming from 2 people who were pretty good at chem/physics and taking it at the time. I haven't taken those courses in about a year. I've also heard EK is best for a refresher. I'm need something in between a refresher and a solid review of material. Thanks!
THE. BERKELEY. REVIEW.

I'm a big advocate of TPR + Chad's Videos..It worked for me and I was almost a decade removed from my first year sciences

Reactions: 1 user