TPR Practice Tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bullvalene

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
...left me shook? I'm not sure how to gauge where I am in terms of my scores:

Demo: 496 (122/125/123/126)
Practice Test 1: 505 (125/125/127/128)
Practice Test 2: 501 (125/123/127/126) <-- Bad verbal day. I panicked after encountering the C/P section.

My exam is in January and I'm not sure if I should postpone or if TPR is freakishly difficult or if I'm doing okay. I plan on doing the other three TPR practice exams and AAMC exams before my test date (plus all the qpacks, section bank, flashcards, etc). Can someone interpret my scores for me? Should I be concerned that my section scores didn't increase?

My goal is somewhere around a 520. Is it possible given that my exams scores are so low?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

Practice Test 2: 501 (125/123/127/126) <-- Bad verbal day. I panicked after encountering the C/P section.

My exam is in January and I'm not sure if I should postpone or if TPR is freakishly difficult or if I'm doing okay. I plan on doing the other three TPR practice exams and AAMC exams before my test date (plus all the qpacks, section bank, flashcards, etc). Can someone interpret my scores for me? Should I be concerned that my section scores didn't increase?

My goal is somewhere around a 520. Is it possible given that my exams scores are so low?

TPR scores are not at all predictive of your real MCAT score. They should generally be used to help you identify weaknesses in your knowledge base. My advice is to leave the sample exam, FL 1 and FL 2 from the AAMC until a week or two before your exam. If you are not scoring +/- 3 points your target on those, then consider postponing or sitting and voiding.

Don't get discouraged by your TPR scores. They are not representative of your actual MCAT score. Really lock down on reviewing your mistakes.

Do the AAMC materials and see how you feel. Though your goal is 100%-tile so you should basically be crushing everything if you want to hit that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't get discouraged by your TPR scores. They are not representative of your actual MCAT score. Really lock down on reviewing your mistakes.

Yeah, I've been reviewing mistakes by rereading the passages, rationalizing my answer, and rationalizing why the other answer choices are wrong. In your opinion, is there anything else I should be doing to maximize on the practice exams?

Do the AAMC materials and see how you feel. Though your goal is 100%-tile so you should basically be crushing everything if you want to hit that.

I've done some of the old AAMC exams and scored 32-35 respectively on those. Realistically, I'm comfortable with 515+ but why not aim high

Yeah, I've been reviewing mistakes by rereading the passages, rationalizing my answer, and rationalizing why the other answer choices are wrong. In your opinion, is there anything else I should be doing to maximize on the practice exams?

Reviewing is essential. I spend ~4-5 hours reviewing each test I take - only the sciences.

I also use the TPR tests to improve timing and emotional response (kind of a weird thing to work on, but important).