Jul 9, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Just finished the TPR Hyperlearning course and wanted to comment that the TPR science books are really good with exception of Verbal. I have the Kaplan Books also and I think they are garbage. They skim on material and dont give very good examples. So far, I think EK verbal is the way to go. I really cant tell much of a difference between EK and AAMC verbals. The TPR practice exams are crap. IMO, the physical is about 2 points harder than than AAMC and involve too much math compared to AAMC. The bio is 1-2 points easier than than AAMC and the verbal questions are just very different. I havent taken any Kaplan exams so I cant comment on them.

For reference, my AAMC scores have all been between 33-37 but havent taken #10 yet. I'm taking the test Friday so I'm gonna take 10 tomorrow. Good luck.

Jun 27, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Just finished the TPR Hyperlearning course and wanted to comment that the TPR science books are really good with exception of Verbal. I have the Kaplan Books also and I think they are garbage. They skim on material and dont give very good examples. So far, I think EK verbal is the way to go. I really cant tell much of a difference between EK and AAMC verbals. The TPR practice exams are crap. IMO, the physical is about 2 points harder than than AAMC and involve too much math compared to AAMC. The bio is 1-2 points easier than than AAMC and the verbal questions are just very different. I havent taken any Kaplan exams so I cant comment on them.

For reference, my AAMC scores have all been between 33-37 but havent taken #10 yet. I'm taking the test Friday so I'm gonna take 10 tomorrow. Good luck.
If you don't mind me asking, what were your TPR practice exam scores like?

OP
C
Jul 9, 2009
Status
Medical Student
My TPR scores were all like 32-34. I just thought they were very different than the AAMC tests. I didnt even finish taking the TPR exams because they were so frustrating.

ModyzMalak

7+ Year Member
May 18, 2009
Usa
Status
Medical Student
hey im sorry but what does TPR stand for? im trying to find these books but not getting any results with the abbreviation. THANKS!

capn jazz

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2006
Status
Medical Student
The Princeton Review Hyperlearning materials, NOT the materials for sale in stores. Those are awful.

Apr 24, 2009
Boston
Status
Pre-Medical
My TPR scores were all like 32-34. I just thought they were very different than the AAMC tests. I didnt even finish taking the TPR exams because they were so frustrating.
Same. I took Princeton Review Hyperlearning as well. I ditched the TPR exams after doing about 3 of them... So different.

But I do agree that the science books are pretty good. Only thing I've supplemented is a bit of internet reading on evolution, they don't cover a lot of the topics on the AAMC content outline.

G1SG2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 2, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
The TPR Hyperlearning books are AWESOME. I actually like the TPR practice exams. The PS and VR are hard, but the BS is wayyy too easy. I agree that they are probably a bit too different from the AAMC style, but they are still good practice (especially the VR).