TPR Science Book vs. EK 1001 Series

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meliora27

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
TPR Science Workbook is an all-in-one and I already own it but was wondering how it compares to getting EK's 1001 books. FWIW, I also have BR for Gen Chem and Phys

Members don't see this ad.

TPR Hyperlearning Science Workbook and BR are great for passage practice. Most of the EK 1001 series is meant to help you nail down the basics. I think a combination (if money allows) is best. Too many people neglect their basic understanding which could be bolstered by EK 1001. They think they have a strong grasp, yet when those fundumentals are tested, one's weaknesses become more apparant. Furthermore, it is significantly easier to spot your content weaknesses with EK 1001 because they aren't passages. You don't have to worry about if you messed up due to a failure to synthesize multiple ideas or the passage was worded strangely. When you mess up on EK 1001, you know it's due to a content weakness. Still, if you must go with one or the other, always pick passage practice first.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah TPR does have lots of singles. Frankly, I have both and don't even use Ek. The Science workbook has more than enough practice in my opinion. If you have infinite time sure, but I don't think you're missing much by going with TPR. I do find TPR tests the basics quite a bit with their singles which range from very easy - hard. Their passages contain a mixture of difficulty. I doubt I'm missing much by not using the Ek questions. Plus, the explanations in TPR are pretty solid for what that's worth. Just my free advice............

is the TPR thing the Cracking the CBT book? and how does one get the TPR hyperlearning material?....it seems like it comes with a TP course.....

is the TPR thing the Cracking the CBT book? and how does one get the TPR hyperlearning material?....it seems like it comes with a TP course.....

Typically, when people talk about TPR on here, they are referring to the Hyperlearning material unless they state otherwise. To get Hyperlearning books, you have to buy them from someone. I suggest you take a look at the For Sale forum on here. Hyperlearning books frequently pop up on there.