TPR SW physics passage 47

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crazy person

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me how on the heck did TPR come up with their solutions?

On question #3 : Where did they get the K constant from ?

On question 1: How did they come up with such an answer?

I thought if its parallel, you are supposed to add them and them and then divide the resistor? Isn't "n" acting as a resistor for this problem??

Thanks !!!

Members don't see this ad.

Gonna bump this thread 'cause I just hit the same passage and I'm a little confused.

In question three, the tension of the muscle fiber is found using T=k(pi)r^2. The passage says that tension is directly proportional to the area, but I'm having a little trouble figuring out how they derived this equation.

Is it supposed to be based off Hooke's Law?

Gonna bump this thread 'cause I just hit the same passage and I'm a little confused.

In question three, the tension of the muscle fiber is found using T=k(pi)r^2. The passage says that tension is directly proportional to the area, but I'm having a little trouble figuring out how they derived this equation.

Is it supposed to be based off Hooke's Law?

Short answer: muscle = spring. Therefore, your intuition is correct, Hooke's Law time :D

The hint in the passage is when it states that the muscle contracts. The muscle does work by contracting - similar to a rubber band.

I digress: tension + compression passage = Hooke.

Short answer: muscle = spring. Therefore, your intuition is correct, Hooke's Law time :D

The hint in the passage is when it states that the muscle contracts. The muscle does work by contracting - similar to a rubber band.

I digress: tension + compression passage = Hooke.

I think I understand! I managed to solve it anyway by using a proportion (that was my first instinct), and while technically, they did the same in the actual solution, their equation still threw me off a little. I'll have to keep that in mind for the future. Thank you!