TPR verbal on practice tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hiyaman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering if the TPR verbal questions on the TPR online tests are generally harder than the real mcat?

My verbal score has been low 6-7, then I scored a 11 on AAMC 7, then i scored an 8 on TPR 5 lol... Is it just me or is TPR verbal hard? Or was my 11 just a fluke?

I hope its not a fluke.. and if it is, I hope i get that kinda fluke on the real deal thenlol. Will the only way I will know if its a fluke is to take another AAMC test and see how I score on verbal?

Members don't see this ad.

I would say take another AAMC test to see whether or not the verbal was a fluke. I also used the Princeton materials, and I've personally scored a 9 on just about every Princeton FL I took (I took PR 1-5 and 9). I scored a 9 on three of them, a 10 on two of them, and an 8 on the last one I took.

In contrast, I scored 10 on one of my AAMC verbals, 13 on two of them (lucky I guess), and 11 on the rest. So I would say TPR is generally harder, so hopefully your AAMC score is an accurate representation of where you are.

From the horse's mouth...

TPR diagnostics are meant to be more difficult than the AAMC diagnostics.

:)

The logic is that if you can score well on our diags, you can score well on the real MCAT!