1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

TPR Verbal Too Easy?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by pandulce321, Aug 13, 2006.

1. pandulce321

pandulce321 Member
    5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    After bombing verbal on AAMC 7 yesterday (35/60), I got a (48/60) on one of the Princeton workbook tests. I know that I tried a different technique on the AAMC test (which I shouldn't have done), but I also felt like the passages on the Princeton test were much easier to understand. I def. need more practice in verbal, but I have done all of the AAMC exams except 1 and 2. Should I continue doing Princeton exams, or should I redo AAMC tests. Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. instigata

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Dude I totally feel you. I was pulling off 9/10's on TPR tests but I got a 6 on AAMC 7 and 8 . I don't know, I feel like AAMC verbal is SOOO much harder than TPR. But then again, I got a 9 on AAMC 6r. The reason I think I may be doing bad is I may feel a lot of pressure in a proctored setting, which is really bad so I have to get myself together and maintain my compsure, that might be what you have to do too. Hope this helps, good luck!

4. IckeyShuffle

IckeyShuffle MS1 t-minus 1.5 months..
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I agree. AAMC verbal is way harder and i am in the same boat as you guys. Unfortunately, i think for people in our shoes it will come down to luck whether or not we get a 7, 8, or 9

5. pandulce321

pandulce321 Member
    5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student

That's the funny thing. On every other AAMC test I have gotten between a 9-11. Which was better than any of my other Princeton Review Diagnostics.

AAMC 5R = 11
    AAMC 9 = 9
    AAMC 6R = 9

6. supafield

supafield Dream Big
    7+ Year Member

I think it depends on the princeton stuff you are looking at....
    I think there mock test passages were pretty brutal but those actual 1-4 tests in the back of the verbal workbook are easy....

I do well on the aamc ones... but I was getting 55+ on some of those lol.... which I know isn't in the cards for me on the real deal...

7. instigata

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I don't know if this will help but I just did a Practice verbal test from the TPR A-D tests and they seem pretty similar to the AAMC tests. So you should probably take a look at those.

8. CanadianPre-Med

CanadianPre-Med Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I get 11/12 on TPR, 9-10 on EK, and 10s on AAMC.

9. docolive

docolive DOColive
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    The TPR diags are indicative of the real mcat. The verbal workbook is kind of a joke in the sense that 70% of those questions are retrieval questions. I think my PR instructor mentioned that the ICC VR and the diags are most comparable to AAMC.