TPR Verbal Too Easy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pandulce321

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After bombing verbal on AAMC 7 yesterday (35/60), I got a (48/60) on one of the Princeton workbook tests. I know that I tried a different technique on the AAMC test (which I shouldn't have done), but I also felt like the passages on the Princeton test were much easier to understand. I def. need more practice in verbal, but I have done all of the AAMC exams except 1 and 2. Should I continue doing Princeton exams, or should I redo AAMC tests. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

pandulce321 said:
After bombing verbal on AAMC 7 yesterday (35/60), I got a (48/60) on one of the Princeton workbook tests. I know that a tried a different technique on the AAMC test (which I shouldn't have done), but I also felt like the passages on the Princeton test were much easier to understand. I def. need more practice in verbal, but I have done all of the AAMC exams except 1 and 2. Should I continue doing Princeton exams, or should I redo AAMC tests. Thanks!

Dude I totally feel you. I was pulling off 9/10's on TPR tests but I got a 6 on AAMC 7 and 8 . I don't know, I feel like AAMC verbal is SOOO much harder than TPR. But then again, I got a 9 on AAMC 6r. The reason I think I may be doing bad is I may feel a lot of pressure in a proctored setting, which is really bad so I have to get myself together and maintain my compsure, that might be what you have to do too. Hope this helps, good luck!

I agree. AAMC verbal is way harder and i am in the same boat as you guys. Unfortunately, i think for people in our shoes it will come down to luck whether or not we get a 7, 8, or 9

allennh said:
I agree. AAMC verbal is way harder and i am in the same boat as you guys. Unfortunately, i think for people in our shoes it will come down to luck whether or not we get a 7, 8, or 9

That's the funny thing. On every other AAMC test I have gotten between a 9-11. Which was better than any of my other Princeton Review Diagnostics.

AAMC 5R = 11
AAMC 9 = 9
AAMC 6R = 9

Members don't see this ad :)
pandulce321 said:
After bombing verbal on AAMC 7 yesterday (35/60), I got a (48/60) on one of the Princeton workbook tests. I know that I tried a different technique on the AAMC test (which I shouldn't have done), but I also felt like the passages on the Princeton test were much easier to understand. I def. need more practice in verbal, but I have done all of the AAMC exams except 1 and 2. Should I continue doing Princeton exams, or should I redo AAMC tests. Thanks!

I think it depends on the princeton stuff you are looking at....
I think there mock test passages were pretty brutal but those actual 1-4 tests in the back of the verbal workbook are easy....

I do well on the aamc ones... but I was getting 55+ on some of those lol.... which I know isn't in the cards for me on the real deal...

I don't know if this will help but I just did a Practice verbal test from the TPR A-D tests and they seem pretty similar to the AAMC tests. So you should probably take a look at those.

The TPR diags are indicative of the real mcat. The verbal workbook is kind of a joke in the sense that 70% of those questions are retrieval questions. I think my PR instructor mentioned that the ICC VR and the diags are most comparable to AAMC.