TPR verbal workbook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bruceleehiiiyaa

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i do fine on AAMCs (avg 10s), do okay on EK (avg 9's)

but I GET OWNED on TPR (avg 7, LOL). what the hell. can anyone postulate (sorry supersyian, big word i know) why this may be? :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

i get owned also by TPR, I haven't taken aamc as of yet, how do they compare to the TPR's verbal workbook passage's

i do fine on AAMCs (avg 10s), do okay on EK (avg 9's)

but I GET OWNED on TPR (avg 7, LOL). what the hell. can anyone postulate (sorry supersyian, big word i know) why this may be? :mad:

Yeah, TPR is a little harder I think. I'd say TPR's good practice since their passages are a little tougher, but you should probably really just base your skill on the AAMC scores.

Does anyone know where I can find the references for the passages used in the Practice Tests? I know that they have a list of the references for the 36 independent passages right before the solutions. But I cant find the references for the passages used in the Practice Tests.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm the same, my TPR verbal is a point or two lower. They have a lot of questions that I go 50/50 on and they are incredible hard to decipher. Also I noticed that they will have 2 or 3 details questions sometimes during a passage (which require remembering 1 sentence from the entire passage) instead of questions focused on the main idea.

I'm the same, my TPR verbal is a point or two lower. They have a lot of questions that I go 50/50 on and they are incredible hard to decipher. Also I noticed that they will have 2 or 3 details questions sometimes during a passage (which require remembering 1 sentence from the entire passage) instead of questions focused on the main idea.

i just started Ek after finishing TPR and got drilled. TPR was easy to score high but time was a big problem - the passages are tougher reads and you need to go back alot to answer very detailed oriented questions. However, the answers are practically right there on the page.

i'm finding Ek to be a quicker read with smaller stems but every question has that subjective feel.....i freaking hate it. coming across after finishing TPR makes it worse too. Something tells me this will be more like the real deal too .............