• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

TPR vs AAMC Scored

AWolfman

Aug 27, 2015
    I've done pretty terrible on the TPR practice exams, but I feel like I know most of the material pretty well. Haven't done the AAMC practice tests yet, but the AAMC Bio pack questions were a ton easier than anything I've seen on TPR FL. I've been looking into this topic as well but have only found this thread so far: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/aamc-exams-vs-tpr.974972/

Hit me back if you find anything else out!

GCS-15

2+ Year Member
    Aug 4, 2015
    1. Medical Student (Accepted)
      Have you guys done the new aamc section bank? I thought it was pretty hard....and the format was completely different than TPR. I've been doing ok on TPR tests (506-511 range), but the section bank crushed me. Don't know if others felt this way, or if it's just me.

About the Ads

GCS-15

2+ Year Member
      Aug 4, 2015
      1. Medical Student (Accepted)
        Do you recommend TPR FLs? I have access to 7 of them using ISBN but was wondering whether I should use NextStep over TPR.
        I'm 4/1 test taker, and am currently finishing up on section bank. I'm getting around 85% on B/BC & C/P and 90% on P/S.

TPR is good for concepts, but the format is different than AAMC. Did you do the new question pack? The 45 dollar one.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.