TPR vs. O-com :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
Boy, I just checked out the TPR site. If you ever doubted that there existed a qualitative difference in attitude and worldview between premed students who are osteopathically-minded and those who are not, then all you need to do is read some of the discussions going on over there. What a miserable and cynical bunch!

Interestingly though I recognize some familiar sounding voices...

Members don't see this ad.

I have been to the Princeton Review discussion forum, and I think it is about worthless. There is no useful information there at all, just attacks. They also constantly bash DOs for some reason. Some of the people there seem to hate DOs. There are a ton of posts arguing about MDs vs DOs. Most of it is utterly ignorant. I would not recommend that any pre-med student visit this site. If you are going to become a DO, it will just tick you off. You will NEVER be able to change the minds of any of these close-minded individuals, so what is the point. Sometimes this forum seems to be heading in the TPR direction (with the flaming). Everyone is entitle to their opinions, but over there it just gets juvenile. Waste of time. Oh, by the way, I wouldn't judge your future MD colleagues by this site, just as they should not judge all DOs by this site. There are a few juveniles out there making most of the noise on the TPR site.

[This message has been edited by VM (edited April 15, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by VM (edited April 15, 1999).]

Before I discovered this site, I used to frequent TPRs. In their defense, when I first started hanging out there...it was not nearly as bad. However, even at TPRs best, it was far more malicious than this place at its worst!

At one time, there was...and probably still is some valuable information being disseminated there...you just have to slog thru a ton of **** to get to it.

Thank you, I'll remain here...

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03