TPR vs. SDN: The Final Showdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cm7b5

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or are posts on TPR boards belligerent and uninformative, while posts here are friendly and helpful?

Analogy:

SDN is to TPR as Mogwai are to Gremlins

(So if this forum gets wet or eats after midnight we are in trouble!) ....I need to shut up.

:D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is a silly comparison -- they're not even in the same league. It's like comparing CNN with the Jerry Springer show. Ok, so there's a bit more levity here than on CNN, but you get the idea. ;)

I think the difference is that people on TPR post anonymously. Nobody knows who you are, so you can say whatever you want. Here, people get to know you a little better.

I admit that I do read that board occasionally, just for the Jerry Springer-type entertainment. :)

Pam

I have been known to visit TPR more than is good for me. If it weren't for SDN, I'd be hopelessly addicted to that drivel. TPR is a terrible source of information, although there are a few nice people there (anyone heard of ms4/md0 and DMX?) The Jerry Springer and Gremlins analogies are great. ;)

oooooooooooooooh my . ..I had never visited there before, but I did just now because you all gave the link, and, after reading a few posts, felt like I needed to go run and hide in a corner in order to avoid the agression! Good thing for the little "x" button on the top right corner of my pc windows . .. not goin' back there anytime soon. :) You guys are awesome.

I found out about SDN on TPR. Some nice person posted the link there. It seems to me that after that, participation on that forum slowed WAY down. I know I never looked back.
Well, actually every now & then I go check it out again and can't believe the continued low level of discourse and meanspiritedness of so many of the posts. I feel deeply indebted to whoever posted that link, because SDN has been such an awesome source of information and support throughout this "application process from hell."