1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

TPR vs. SDN: The Final Showdown

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by cm7b5, Aug 27, 2001.

1. cm7b5

cm7b5 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Is it just me, or are posts on TPR boards belligerent and uninformative, while posts here are friendly and helpful?

Analogy:

SDN is to TPR as Mogwai are to Gremlins

(So if this forum gets wet or eats after midnight we are in trouble!) ....I need to shut up.

:D

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Milhouse Van Houten

Milhouse Van Houten Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

what is the address for the tpr board, just in case this one goes down for a couple weeks again.

4. cm7b5

cm7b5 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

5. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    This is a silly comparison -- they're not even in the same league. It's like comparing CNN with the Jerry Springer show. Ok, so there's a bit more levity here than on CNN, but you get the idea. ;)

6. spacecadet

spacecadet Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I think the difference is that people on TPR post anonymously. Nobody knows who you are, so you can say whatever you want. Here, people get to know you a little better.

I admit that I do read that board occasionally, just for the Jerry Springer-type entertainment. :)

Pam

7. Smoke This

Smoke This Sweet cuppin' cakes!
    10+ Year Member

I have been known to visit TPR more than is good for me. If it weren't for SDN, I'd be hopelessly addicted to that drivel. TPR is a terrible source of information, although there are a few nice people there (anyone heard of ms4/md0 and DMX?) The Jerry Springer and Gremlins analogies are great. ;)

8. grasshopper

grasshopper Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

oooooooooooooooh my . ..I had never visited there before, but I did just now because you all gave the link, and, after reading a few posts, felt like I needed to go run and hide in a corner in order to avoid the agression! Good thing for the little "x" button on the top right corner of my pc windows . .. not goin' back there anytime soon. :) You guys are awesome.

9. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

I found out about SDN on TPR. Some nice person posted the link there. It seems to me that after that, participation on that forum slowed WAY down. I know I never looked back.
    Well, actually every now & then I go check it out again and can't believe the continued low level of discourse and meanspiritedness of so many of the posts. I feel deeply indebted to whoever posted that link, because SDN has been such an awesome source of information and support throughout this "application process from hell."