TPR Vs. TBR for subjects you're not good at?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

browneyes124

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've spend like 2 hours on the forums and most of the stuff I found was for the old mcat and some other stuff confused me. I heard the berekeley review is very detailed but hard and similar to Princeton review. I'm not great at general chemistry so I was wondering should I use Princeton review or Berkeley review for general chem? I'm very good at biology, psychology and sociology since psych and biology are my majors so I'm thinking about reviewing with exam krackers since I heard that it's good if you already know the material. Generally what I've read here is that Kaplan isn't as good as exam krackers.

So should I use Berkeley review or Princeton review for general chem? And is EK sufficient for just reviewing quickly? Also I'm talking about just the content books. Not sets or anything.

Members don't see this ad.

So I've spend like 2 hours on the forums and most of the stuff I found was for the old mcat and some other stuff confused me. I heard the berekeley review is very detailed but hard and similar to Princeton review. I'm not great at general chemistry so I was wondering should I use Princeton review or Berkeley review for general chem? I'm very good at biology, psychology and sociology since psych and biology are my majors so I'm thinking about reviewing with exam krackers since I heard that it's good if you already know the material. Generally what I've read here is that Kaplan isn't as good as exam krackers.

So should I use Berkeley review or Princeton review for general chem? And is EK sufficient for just reviewing quickly? Also I'm talking about just the content books. Not sets or anything.
What resources did you decide on? How has the studying been going? Would you change anything or recommend anything highly?

What resources did you decide on? How has the studying been going? Would you change anything or recommend anything highly?
I did the Kaplan and I think it's great! Personally I'm not someone who can sit through something that is broken down to almost a elementary school level which is what I feel Princeton Review does. For some people this is great but I get very bored with it and it does not hold my interest. This is also another reason I'm not to big on Khan Academy so I think Kaplan is a great middle. I explains stuff well enough but doesn't break down every simple detail to the point you feel like it is wasting your time.

Personally, I found TBR to cover things in the exact amount of detail. But what made them the best choice for me was the test tips and shortcuts they gave. After explaining the traditional method for a topic they'd show you clever tricks for saving time. Their answer explanations made it a point to explain how to solve things in a systematic way. You can't go wrong with TBR.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I personally really liked TPR for gen chem.. its quick and to the point and highlights a lot of math tricks you can do to save time on the real thing.

I only had TBR for biology and while it was fine for that subject I'm glad I didn't use it for one of the areas I needed a lot of review in. It read a lot like an old textbook to me. TPR is just a quick, heres what you gotta do and good luck kidna review.

Reactions: 1 user
Personally, I found TBR to cover things in the exact amount of detail. But what made them the best choice for me was the test tips and shortcuts they gave. After explaining the traditional method for a topic they'd show you clever tricks for saving time. Their answer explanations made it a point to explain how to solve things in a systematic way. You can't go wrong with TBR.

Honestly, your answer was super helpful.