TPR workbook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdla

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are the practice problems on OChem, Chemistry, and Physics?

Are they helpful?

Should I do them all for each of these subjects?

Members don't see this ad.

not trying to hijack this thread, but I think it's somewhat related to the topic. how many passages are given for each subject? Also, how many passages are in their verbal work book?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't have it anymore so I can't confirm, but I think most gave about 60-40 passages per subject. Not sure, to be honest. I think there were more passages for physics and chem than bio and organic (definitely not many for organic). I'm sure someone else will post soon who has the book. I believe they also had an index at the beginning so you could see which subtopics each passage covered, so if you only wanted to practice a certain area in physics or bio you could go straight to those passages.

For science workbook, there are around 80 passages for Bio, Physics, and G Chem. Another 45 passages for Ochem. There are also a lot of free standing questions. Verbal workbook has 4 full length exams in addition to 36 passages. Plenty of practice for sciences, not enough for verbal though IMO.

For science workbook, there are around 80 passages for Bio, Physics, and G Chem. Another 45 passages for Ochem. There are also a lot of free standing questions. Verbal workbook has 4 full length exams in addition to 36 passages. Plenty of practice for sciences, not enough for verbal though IMO.

4 full length exams... so 28 in addtion to the 36, meaning 64 total? That's not bad if you also use EK 101. But it is unfortunate that there aren't anymore quality verbal books out there, especially because it's the kind of thing that you can only improve by practicing consistently.

This TPR science workbook is bloody tricky, one of my friends said that the AAMC exams are more straight forward

Is the workbook worth doing?

Most definitely, especially bio and Ochem. Physics and gen chem are good too. If you really want to challenge yourself, get Berkeley Review. By far the best passages for PS, but definitely very tough.