TPR workout Practice exams and GS good practice?

ykmedicine

10+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2008
New York
  1. Pre-Medical
So I am a retaker and I am taking the MCAT on the 14th of August. I have been studying for these last couple of months like crazy and have been using the gold standard as my main source of exams (i tried redoing the AAMC but I keep averaging 37s and Im sure its just an inflated score since i remember a lot of the questions). I've been averaging a 30 on the GS and have been pretty ok with that (substituting Ek for verbal). However, today I took a Princeton review exam from the workout book, and i got a 26 :( (7-10-9). I can't decide if its harder than the regular exam or on par. I am feeling pretty discouraged and am just not sure what to do now. I feel like I learn from my mistakes and redo everything but on these exams I cannot do more than a 30. I average 34s on all the kaplan but Im just not sure of where I stand. Any helpuggestions as to how to correlate my readiness with the gs/ pr exams that I've taken? thanks again. hope everyone who is studying is doing better than me.

italian831

10+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2006
  1. Pre-Medical
Wow...i'm in a very very similar situation! I read on some posts that TPR isn't that great of practice test and try to use GS instead?? Not sure if that's accurate or not. Plus, if you get a low score, I wouldn't panic..just use it as a tool to improve! Also, I hear only good things about EK so I would trust those tests. Any thoughts guys?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.