Tpr

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

midn

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm a few weeks into my TPR class and I'm starting to wonder if they're trying to destroy my confidence or just make it seem like I suck.

During class, we do some practice passages and they're giving us less and less time for longer passages. The two passages we had to do last night filled up an entire page with text and a few diagrams but only had about 12 questions total. They gave us 17 minutes which I thought would be enough but the questions were so damn convoluted that I had to reread the question several times and then return back to the passage because I had no idea what they were talking about. I ended up not finishing for the first time.

For those who took TPR, are their practice passages at all similar to the MCAT? I never felt so time-crunched for a bio passage and usually finish with many minutes to spare.

TPR is starting to piss me off.

Members don't see this ad.

i felt that way w/ my TPR course as well. Speaking of TPR, r they still using the books they handed out in 2006 (hyperlearning MCAT?) I'm trying to study on my own and want to make sure that using that material is still okay..as in, does anyone know if new topics have been added to the mcat etc?
thanks!

ICC are much harder than the MCAT. Do not worry if you don't do well or finish.

2006 edition are the same one as 2007. Just different covers.

Yeah, it really hurts your confidence I know, but just remember its supposedly alot harder than the real thing, so they say. I still have to buy my real AAMC test to see. ANd they should of given us a major discount for reusing the old books. Have you read the verbal book, its saying to "skim through all the pages to look for the hardest passage." WTF its on computer now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, it really hurts your confidence I know, but just remember its supposedly alot harder than the real thing, so they say. I still have to buy my real AAMC test to see. ANd they should of given us a major discount for reusing the old books. Have you read the verbal book, its saying to "skim through all the pages to look for the hardest passage." WTF its on computer now.

you can still skim through the passages just click the arrow.

TPR's passages are slightly tougher than the real MCAT. But it's good, because it'll force you to study more. When you take the real MCAT, you'll find it to be very manageable. I took TPR two summers ago and did pretty well on the MCAT last April.

Their material is amazing. The books are really well written. Make sure you take the AAMC tests before the real MCAT to get an accurate reading of your performance.

I like TPR, but just some of their strategies seem counterproductive. The teachers are most excellent as they are all experts in their respective subjects. Most the ICC's we are told to "skim" which I think is ludicrous because you're just wasting time then by not actually reading the passage and will eventually have to anyways.

My VR teacher is great. He admits the flaws in the VR books and gives us strategies he thinks work. I'm beginning to feel more confident with the VR section and believe that I will do much better than I usually do.

I have my first TPR test this weekend so we shall see how it goes.

The only thing that irritates me is that the TPR program only feeds you one question at a time AND you don't know how many questions there are per passage. They say they're trying to fix that ASAP, but they haven't even gotten us our lecture schedule yet. The admins seem to be slacking...

The only thing that irritates me is that the TPR program only feeds you one question at a time AND you don't know how many questions there are per passage. They say they're trying to fix that ASAP, but they haven't even gotten us our lecture schedule yet. The admins seem to be slacking...

I agree, I took my second diagnostic and hit the review button to change an answer I realized was wrong and my timer dissapeared!! Their cbts are NOTHING like the real mcat CBTs and their IT guys suck... come-on its been a problem for a month I could've fixed the bugs in that amount of time!! At least they bought us all the aamcs...

ICC are much harder than the MCAT. Do not worry if you don't do well or finish.

2006 edition are the same one as 2007. Just different covers.

Is 2005 = 2006 = 2007? I mean does the content really change?