TPRH online: MCAT Review Series vs TPR Passages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rubisco88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which TPR online passages are more representative of the current MCAT? The TPR passages or MCAT review series passages? The MCAT review series passages that I'm doing seem to be more difficult than the AAMC practice tests. They have heavier calculations and the passages seem more dense.

Members don't see this ad.

Which TPR online passages are more representative of the current MCAT? The TPR passages or MCAT review series passages? The MCAT review series passages that I'm doing seem to be more difficult than the AAMC practice tests. They have heavier calculations and the passages seem more dense.

this is a great question. i just took some MCAT review series passages, and they are pretty brutal, to put it kindly.

there was one about the diffusion/perfusion limits and i was devastated...

Bump!

Anyone know if the mcat review series passages are tougher than the real thing?

Members don't see this ad :)

I can't speak about the actual exam, but the level of difficulty seems to be:

ICC > Online MCAT Review passages > Online TPR passages > Science workbook = practice AAMC exams

That's just what I've experienced personally

Glad I'm not the only one. I get an average of -1 on the Science workbook and then like consistent -3 on the MCAT review series

me too.... ive gotten anywhere from 100% to one score of 0%. some of these passages stab me in the jugular.

TPR MCAT Review Series (the online ones) is brutal, especially the verbal. They're so unrealistic; you can just tell by the length of those damn passages. The FLs are the same. But the minutia tested on PS/BS just may show up on the real deal, as many have said before. Everything's always good practice.

I feel as though the TPR Passages are way harder than the mcat review series ones! Anyone else with me?

tpr online has the cracking and the review series passages. tpr refers to the cracking set.