TPRH verbal vs EK 101 verbal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brood910

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have both of them, and I do one passage from each per day.
I always get 6~7 on TPRH while I get 8~10 on EK -_-..
I feel sooooooo discouraged after I do TPRH verbal passages..
Are real MCAT verbal passages THAT hard to read? or are they more similar to those from EK 101?

Members don't see this ad.

I have both of them, and I do one passage from each per day.
I always get 6~7 on TPRH while I get 8~10 on EK -_-..
I feel sooooooo discouraged after I do TPRH verbal passages..
Are real MCAT verbal passages THAT hard to read? or are they more similar to those from EK 101?

Only experience is with EK 101, the AAMCs, and my real test last summer so can't comment on TPRH (yet).

EK101 is definitely easier but not substantially so. Probably does overestimate your score by 1-2 points though. The passages aren't necessarily more straightforward, since the real MCAT passages aren't all convoluted to annoy you but the difficulty in the questions varies considerably. EK has alot more content recall type questions, where all you have to do is go back in the passage and find the EXACT word for word answer. You don't get those gimmes on the AAMCs as often (hence a slightly inflated score). Good practice though, since they still do have the AAMC-type questions.

Try doing 3+ passages a day though. It's hard to develop a strategy with a little work here and a little work there. You'll probably also see an increase in your overall score as you'll be more in the zone for the latter two passages (just like you will be on the real MCAT).

So yea, more difficult than EK101 but not really because of passage difficulty, more because of question difficulty.