TPRH vs TBR (NON-Bio)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trayshawn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Everyone always compares TPRH Bio to TBR Bio.
But what about physics, gen chem, and orgo.

What are the pros and cons of each in these subjects. Which ones do you guys think is better? Which is harder? Which is more accurate? (People might not necessarily have the same answer for each of these questions, so its not as redundant as it seems)

Just always been curious...

Members don't see this ad.

If you have more than 2 months left, I recommend doing both.
That's what I am doing right now.

Everyone always compares TPRH Bio to TBR Bio.
But what about physics, gen chem, and orgo.

What are the pros and cons of each in these subjects. Which ones do you guys think is better? Which is harder? Which is more accurate? (People might not necessarily have the same answer for each of these questions, so its not as redundant as it seems)

Just always been curious...

You won't see many comparisons in chemistry because TBR Chem is far superior in so many ways, and as of the 2011 update, I believe the TBR physics is far superior (although I'm sure some would disagree) . I did use TPRH bio, and for me the TBR ochem was way too much, I used Chad's videos for o. Chem and TPRH for O. CHEM reference.

My thoughts on physics, TPRH was more "mathy" while TBR was more conceptual/mental short cut geared.

If you took ochem recently,took biochemistry, or were a great O. Chem student, use EK or TPRH. If you have gaps in your O. Chem knowledge TBR will give you an exhaustive review. Either way, the passages in TBR Ochem were far similar to the real thing than TPRH

Sent from my SCH-I535 using SDN Mobile
Ps I took the MCAT last year and did in the low 90th percentile.

If you have more than 2 months left, I recommend doing both.
That's what I am doing right now.

I feel slightly different, there is far too much in TBR Chem to add another book in with less than 2 months. I followed a highly modified version of SN2ed (I found it to be little overkill for me, especially in Ochem where I felt very strong). I do highly recommend Chad's Videos for auditory/visual learners.

When I'm at a computer I can type out more details, but I do recommend the TPRH science workbook for a different style of passages/discreets

Stick to a resource and use it like crazy, also make detailed note cards and bring them everywhere you go. I also summarized each chapter in a few notebook pages and brought that everywhere with me especially detailed hormonal pathways.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using SDN Mobile