TPR's Test A-D

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

belljar

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone is a repeat MCATer, you'll know what i'm talking about. This is the first time i have ever looked at this book and i was wondering if it is just me or is the verbal really hard? I haven't looked at the science sections b/c i am too intimidated, since everyone says it is incredibly hard. But, is the verbal supposed to be that difficult too?

Members don't see this ad.

I can't answer your questions, but where do you really get these PR A-D tests? I looked thru amazon but efforts have been fruitless.

Originally posted by Nuel
I can't answer your questions, but where do you really get these PR A-D tests? I looked thru amazon but efforts have been fruitless.

you get the book when you take the class

yeah...the verbal is really hard...actualy all of TPR's verbal is hard

Members don't see this ad :)
so, that gives me a little hope. I thought it was just me, considering i am taking this test only b/c i screwed up so bad in verbal!

TPR MCAT (A-D) in addition to AAMC all 5 practice tests in paperback are in amazon.com under Princeton Review Mcat sample tests or something... You have to purchase all of them though.

Yeh, they are meant to be very difficult. I wouldnt do them unless you feel comfortable with the regular practice materials. Once you've exhausted those, then hit this with the idea that it'll be quite a challenge and don't get too bogged down with it.

They are so hard!!! :oops: I gave up after taking A. I feel so behind. Does anyone else feel the same way? :confused:

hey jules...

they are deliberately made hard so that they can b***chslap everyone to work. Dont be discouraged or give up...these are for practice

The actual MCAT is easier than the TPR's versions

I thought the PS & VR weren't TOO bad...
The BS, however, was absolutely ridiculous... BS, if you will.:sleep:

Thanks thekegelman! I heard that they were hard but I still get discouraged. I can't help it! I'm studying hard now though. Keeping at it! :D

I got one copy of TPR Mcat sample from a friend from his Princeton Review class. I think that PS and BS are ok, but VS is very difficult, very confusing. They tend to ask a lot of Biochemistry related question for BS section. So if you took biochemistry when you in college, it is ok.

I think that the only measurement is real MCAT test 3R, 4R, 5R
and 6R. Every other sample tests (including Kaplan, EK, Baron) are all over places. Real MCAT test should cover all major topics in Chemistry and Biology. There should be always some virus-related questions, some genetic questions, for example.

From what I remember, the TPR's A-D were really easy. Then again I may be thinking about some other pratice tests.

TPR's tests A-D are incredibly hard. I did very well on the April MCAT last year, and I can tell you that I did really poorly on those tests.

Keep your heads up, take the tests, and learn from them. It'll be like swinging in the on deck circle with a really heavy bat only to use a much lighter bat when you step up to the plate for the real thing. You'll probably hit a homerun. :)

-Ice