Morzh

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Wasn't down for like 2-3 days last year before anyone could submit? I suspect nothing different this year.

Aug 4, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I was logged in and refreshed at 9AM, needless to say I am not having much luck with that

Testup

2+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2015
:(What to do? I have to go to my rotation and will be busy and won't be able until tomorrow

Mar 29, 2011
Singapore
Status
Resident [Any Field]
The good thing about this compared to last year, is that they took it down and are prob trying to fix it sooner (than later..). Last year they just let everything go for awhile till they took the whole thing down

Frederica

Residency Program Coordinator
2+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2014
Status
Academic Administration
:(What to do? I have to go to my rotation and will be busy and won't be able until tomorrow
Relax. :) Programs will not be sending invites out today. We wait until the MSPE is loaded (Sept 30) before we actively review applications.

DocVapor

Big Schwartz
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Oct 4, 2012
Combing the desert
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Now I'm actually getting the sign-in window loaded quickly, but it's just telling me that sign-in service is not available. Although it's instantaneous. So I'll take it as progress.

bonoz

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2007
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
"We are working to increase the bandwidth so please be patient while trying to access the system."

Why didn't they just have 'increased bandwidth' from the start?

Frederica

Residency Program Coordinator
2+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2014
Status
Academic Administration
Part of the problem may be that this year ALL programs have to use the website. It used to be that programs downloaded an app to their desktop and would download applications. Last year they started using a web portal, but did not require all programs to switch. This year, they did. They may have increased bandwidth from last year, just not enough.

AMEHigh

10+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
Heard it happened last year. Any one know how long it stayed crashed?
Last year (if I'm remembering correctly) it completely crashed for the entire day and they wouldn't let anyone sign in. It was up and running the following day.

AMEHigh

10+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
It's really not that big of a deal. Just submit everything over the next few days and it's not the end of the world.

Doctor Bob

EM/CC
10+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2009
Orlando
Status
Attending Physician
There should be a big banner notification on the front page...

"Submitting your application on day/hour 1 versus day/hour 5 makes zero difference in the grand scheme of things. Programs aren't going to be reviewing your application right away anyways. Please stop crashing our system with your neuroticism."

When we say "submit your application early", it means don't wait till mid-October because then you will be more than a few standard deviations behind the curve. It does not mean you will be hosed if you don't submit within the first 1-2 hours of the system opening.

Reactions: OldPsychDoc
Feb 23, 2014
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Submitted and applied (to way too many programs). Good luck everyone. I've used SDN sign trying to get into medical school and it's been a great help as well as a source of unnecessary anxiety.

Reactions: 1dayatatime

donkeykong1

7+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
still shows the number of programs applied to as zero after payment submission. no confirmation

bonoz

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2007
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Submitted and applied (to way too many programs). Good luck everyone. I've used SDN sign trying to get into medical school and it's been a great help as well as a source of unnecessary anxiety.
Same. I felt like I've applied to CRAZY number of programs and spent a lot of money. Better to be safe than sorry though.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2014
Status
Resident [Any Field]
For those who are still having difficulty, my friend told me to use Chrome Incognito Mode..apparently it worked right away for him.

idleburra

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
in "track documents" it says, USMLE transcript 'not uploaded'. Did I miss something?

donkeykong1

7+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
anyone actually see the programs they applied to in the "programs applied to" section after paying?

DocVapor

Big Schwartz
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Oct 4, 2012
Combing the desert
Status
Resident [Any Field]
in "track documents" it says, USMLE transcript 'not uploaded'. Did I miss something?
No, NBME has to process the request. Might take a little bit of time as I am sure they are getting lots of requests.
anyone actually see the programs they applied to in the "programs applied to" section after paying?
Yep, mine show up as applied to.

PalmTreeDreamer

Queen of Neon Socks
7+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2011
Not close enough to a beach
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Relax. :) Programs will not be sending invites out today. We wait until the MSPE is loaded (Sept 30) before we actively review applications.
I just wanted to put in my two cents, and I'm not sure if someone mentioned this in the thread already, but not all programs wait for the MSPE. I got an invite the day after submitting last year, and had seven invites before the week was over. Now, granted, this was in a not very competitive specialty, but some programs do send out invitations earlier.