hawee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2005
Status
Hi
I was wondering if there are any training or certification programs i could take to kinda help get a position at the hospital. I'm trying to gain some experience with my pre-med major and really wanted to find a position in a hospital but can't seem to find anything unless i have some sort of certification. Is there any training opportunities or certification that will be quick and easy to get?

Summer Sweet

Le chéri, c'est la vie
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
There are some awesome pre-med programs around me, but I just don't have time to drive an hour each way, even if it is for valuable experience. School and MCAT are enough as it is. So I'm settling for a local hospital.

If you're in California, though, I might be able to point you somewhere if you're willing to use up the gas to get there.

Johnny_one_eye

Phleboptimist
10+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Chicago
Status
Medical Student
hawee said:
Hi
I was wondering if there are any training or certification programs i could take to kinda help get a position at the hospital. I'm trying to gain some experience with my pre-med major and really wanted to find a position in a hospital but can't seem to find anything unless i have some sort of certification. Is there any training opportunities or certification that will be quick and easy to get?
Some possible hospital/clinic jobs for you:
CNA (cert), EMT-B (cert), MOA, EKG/ECG tech, Phlebotomist, Free Clinic Assistant

Those with the (cert) after them obviously require certification. I can tell you that a CNA is a valuable experience and it's how I'm spending my year off. The others that do not require certification (at least in IL), the hospitals will train you themselves on the job.

About the Ads
OP
H

hawee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2005
Status
wow thanks im looking into it right now
which one of those positions would be the most interesting?

OP
H

hawee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2005
Status
what about Medical Assistant?

About the Ads