Training to be a doctor is a lot like

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newdoc2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Training to play sports: big commitment, people yelling at you (bc they care about you and want to improve your perfOrmance), and waking up early to train...

I just realized this today, man am I awesome.

Sorry for this pointless thread... Has a twitteresque nature... No?

Members don't see this ad.

My husband was in the infantry and tells me that med school is like academic Iraq.

Members don't see this ad :)
Training to play sports: big commitment, people yelling at you (bc they care about you and want to improve your perfOrmance), and waking up early to train...

Well being an NCAA division I athlete, I hope I am used to it! I'll let you know in a week if I notice any similarities right off the bat haha

cept they get in really good shape

thread-delivers.jpg

Yup. And when you graduate, you'll finally be ready for the minors...

zlqlqf.jpg

^ha, that picture is too funny...

Agree man. You have to have the same tenacity

Or my favorite: Studying for med school is like having sex when you're drunk.... you never actually finish, you just keep doing it until it's not worth it anymore.

I kinda love the athlete analogy for the match: which is pretty much the NFL draft, just all-at-once rather than drawn out. But in both, you get people ecstatic they get to go where they wanted, people happy to go anywhere, people miserable about having to move to cleveland, and people not getting picked at all, left to "scramble" for a free agent spot.

I kinda love the athlete analogy for the match: which is pretty much the NFL draft, just all-at-once rather than drawn out. But in both, you get people ecstatic they get to go where they wanted, people happy to go anywhere, people miserable about having to move to cleveland, and people not getting picked at all, left to "scramble" for a free agent spot.

Definitely had this music going on in my head as I arrived at every med interview (100% serious) [youtube]MbU4fPYRvcY[/youtube]

I always hear med school is like drinking water from a fire hose. I think that is completely false though. It is really like getting an enema from a fire hose. Once you get adjusted to thing lodged up there, they turn on the water and it holds......until they remove the hose. At that point it is just retaining the gallons upon gallons of water in your massively distended colon long enough to release it on the exam before starting over again.