• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

newdoc2013

10+ Year Member
May 1, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Training to play sports: big commitment, people yelling at you (bc they care about you and want to improve your perfOrmance), and waking up early to train...

I just realized this today, man am I awesome.

Sorry for this pointless thread... Has a twitteresque nature... No?

Daedra22

10+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2009
Status
Attending Physician
My husband was in the infantry and tells me that med school is like academic Iraq.

About the Ads

MedicineMike

MS4
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Training to play sports: big commitment, people yelling at you (bc they care about you and want to improve your perfOrmance), and waking up early to train...

Well being an NCAA division I athlete, I hope I am used to it! I'll let you know in a week if I notice any similarities right off the bat haha

AggieSean

Coffee is for closers
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2006
Status
Medical Student

Depakote

Pediatric Anesthesiologist
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2004
SOCMOB
Status
Attending Physician

Yup. And when you graduate, you'll finally be ready for the minors...

Jun 7, 2011
Status
Medical Student
^ha, that picture is too funny...

Elbowstoopointy

U aware?
Jun 28, 2011
Status
Medical Student

Agree man. You have to have the same tenacity

ThePursuit

5+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2010
USA! USA! USA!
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Or my favorite: Studying for med school is like having sex when you're drunk.... you never actually finish, you just keep doing it until it's not worth it anymore.

C

cowme

I kinda love the athlete analogy for the match: which is pretty much the NFL draft, just all-at-once rather than drawn out. But in both, you get people ecstatic they get to go where they wanted, people happy to go anywhere, people miserable about having to move to cleveland, and people not getting picked at all, left to "scramble" for a free agent spot.

DrDrToBe

10+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2009
USA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Or my favorite: Studying for med school is like having sex when you're drunk.... you never actually finish, you just keep doing it until it's not worth it anymore.
:laugh::laugh::laugh: so true!

Elbowstoopointy

U aware?
Jun 28, 2011
Status
Medical Student
I kinda love the athlete analogy for the match: which is pretty much the NFL draft, just all-at-once rather than drawn out. But in both, you get people ecstatic they get to go where they wanted, people happy to go anywhere, people miserable about having to move to cleveland, and people not getting picked at all, left to "scramble" for a free agent spot.

Definitely had this music going on in my head as I arrived at every med interview (100% serious) [youtube]MbU4fPYRvcY[/youtube]

MossPoh

Textures intrigue me
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
Tally/Willkillya County
psu.facebook.com
Status
Medical Student
I always hear med school is like drinking water from a fire hose. I think that is completely false though. It is really like getting an enema from a fire hose. Once you get adjusted to thing lodged up there, they turn on the water and it holds......until they remove the hose. At that point it is just retaining the gallons upon gallons of water in your massively distended colon long enough to release it on the exam before starting over again.

About the Ads