Transcript Issue - Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ReachingTruth

My Future Rests on Hope
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated this past semester and a couple weeks, later I received a letter stating that I've still got two grades unrecorded on my academic record. Turns out a couple teachers forgot to record my grades and I had the issue taken care of the next day. However, my school takes about 4-6 weeks to have this reflected on my transcript.

I've been waitlisted at a couple schools and I've decided to reapply for '08. In order to hit submit my AMCAS in June, I'd like to send in my transcript. So does it matter about those two grades? Do I need to mention in my PS or anywhere that those grades have already been taken care of?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd contact AMCAS in regards to this.

I graduated this past semester and a couple weeks, later I received a letter stating that I've still got two grades unrecorded on my academic record. Turns out a couple teachers forgot to record my grades and I had the issue taken care of the next day. However, my school takes about 4-6 weeks to have this reflected on my transcript.

I've been waitlisted at a couple schools and I've decided to reapply for '08. In order to hit submit my AMCAS in June, I'd like to send in my transcript. So does it matter about those two grades? Do I need to mention in my PS or anywhere that those grades have already been taken care of?

If the courses in question are not prerequisites, and are not courses that can significantly raise your BCPM or overall GPA, then I'd say don't sweat it. Send in whatever you have now but be sure to record these in the AMCAS section for courses in progress. If you contact AMCAS they'll simply tell you to wait until you get a complete transcript anyway. I doubt that they're going to take your word for it or work with your school.

IMO, it is unnecessary to address this issue in your PS. The more appropriate place for this is the "other comments" section (I believe) in your AMCAS application and in most secondaries you're going to get. Your PS is a place to sell yourself - not to sell yourself short or to explain things that would have been fixed by the time the PS is being read...because except you're applying EDP, chances are your PS won't even get read until August or beyond.

Members don't see this ad :)
I second GuzzyRon's advice. Keep it out of your PS as it adds no value or meaningfulness.

-z

Thank you all. It really does interrupt the flow of my PS, so I'll keep it out. I'll put it into the other comments section after speaking with AMCAS.