transcript issue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bsklaw83

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well-
I had my transcript sent to AMCAS on June 14th. I submitted my application last week. I got a notification that my application was on hold because they hadn't received my transcript. I called today, apparently they just never received it at all or they lost it. So I ordered another transcript today. In general, once they receive the transcript how long does it take to process? And will this hurt me much in the schools not being able to download with the first bunch?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

bsklaw83 said:
Well-
I had my transcript sent to AMCAS on June 14th. I submitted my application last week. I got a notification that my application was on hold because they hadn't received my transcript. I called today, apparently they just never received it at all or they lost it. So I ordered another transcript today. In general, once they receive the transcript how long does it take to process? And will this hurt me much in the schools not being able to download with the first bunch?

thanks

A note to people applying next year. Please send in your transcripts as soon as AMCAS comes online!

I think the processing time depends on when you submit the application. I'm guessing that you are not on active status yet. Since it is in the peak submission time, it could take about 2-3 minimum to verify.

I had the same problem with one of my transcripts (1 out of 4). It turns out they DIDN'T use the AMCAS form that I sent them with clear instructions on placing it in the window of the envelope. It was sent back!!! And they received it back over a month ago--I only found out when I submitted my app on Friday. So, now I have to wait another 3 weeks or so to have my app completed when I started early enough to be done by now!! Grrrr!!

So, moral of the story... call your transcript office and talk to a LIVE person who exactly understands what you need to have done in order to get the transcript delivered safely into the hands of the AMCAS sanctuary.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
mdsh00 said:
A note to people applying next year. Please send in your transcripts as soon as AMCAS comes online!

I couldn't agree more!!! One of my transcripts was sent on the 3rd of June but never received by AMCAS; after requesting two more times to have it sent, it got there on the 28th. Glad I really worked hard to get my part of the app done early!

I had the same problem. From the day that NYU re-sent out the transcripts, it took 7 business days for them to confirm that they received it (2 days mail + 5 days sitting in some AMCAS pile). After I went active, it took exactly 11 business days to put me through the verification process (I went straight from active to processed and bypassed the "now verifying" part - I guess someone forgot to tag my file while they were working on it.) Good luck.

A Note to all....

HAVE your school send the transcripts via Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation or Fed Ex!! If you do and AMCAS can't find them then they will assume responsibility and put you on the top of the priority list when the replacements get it. (Note: Most schools will do this for an additional fee...some won't however...)

IF YOU DON'T......

They will assume it is your responsibility and you will go to the back of the line when they finally get everything.

I got all of these nice tidbits directly from AMCAS last year when my transcripts "mysteriously" disappeared. I sent the replacements with delivery confirmation after that.

mdsh00 said:
A note to people applying next year. Please send in your transcripts as soon as AMCAS comes online!.

...and once you have an AMCAS ID number (to include with your transcript request). Oh, and AMCAS and USPS will still lose some transcripts.

happens every year.

People, with ~40,000 applicants each sending in multiple sets of transcripts, some tend to get misplaced somewhere along the line.

Don't think it won't be you!

1) Try sending in 2-3 sets of transcripts separated by about 1 week apart.
2) Be early!

So, when you get those "Transcript received" emails from AMCAS, do they actually mean that they really do have your transcript? Or do transcripts get lost after AMCAS says they have them???? :eek:

man...my status showed "received" for a whole week, I just got an email today saying the transcript was incomplete?? wtf, I attached the form and everything... :mad:

I have to apply again because of this transcript business. Last year I submitted my app. in mid-July and AMCAS told me at the end of August that it can't be veriified because they didn't get a transcript. App. was finally verified in October. Get it sent as soon as possible! but the rest is not in your hands..

I had a transcript problem too. The university didn't send it... you gotta watch all of these guys! I have a question. I can't figure out where on the application I can check the status of transcripts. Do I have to be submit for certification to check the status? Also, where exactly it the view GPA program? Do I have to wait for certification for that too?

Thanks...

seacatch said:
I had a transcript problem too. The university didn't send it... you gotta watch all of these guys! I have a question. I can't figure out where on the application I can check the status of transcripts. Do I have to be submit for certification to check the status? Also, where exactly it the view GPA program? Do I have to wait for certification for that too?

Thanks...
I think the transcripts are listed on the opening page, but I can't remember for sure. You can email them or call to verify that they have them though.
You won't see your GPA calculations until after your application is finished with processing.