Transcript Issue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pufflefighter

Reaction score
I am applying through AMCAS this cycle. In the summer of 2015, I took a pre-college (no credit) summer course at Brown. I wasn't sure how to mark this on my application, so I called AAMC and was told to request a transcript exception because upon inquiry the brown pre-college program does not offer transcripts or keep transcript records. So I submitted my application on May 28th, and then on June 4th I received an email that my app was on hold, and my transcript exception request had been denied. I called AAMC and was told to ask for an official physical letter from Brown describing the situation to be mailed to AAMC. After telling the Brown pre-college program this, they told me because of COVID they will be unable to provide physical letters and could instead send an official email indicating confirmation of participation in the summer course in lieu of a transcript. Anyways, they finally emailed that to AAMC today (June 11th). Any thoughts on how long it will take for AAMC to process this request and proceed to verify my application?

I thought I prepared well this cycle and really did everything I could to check my bases. Any advice on how to handle the situation going forward?

Sorry for the rambling wall of text by the way, I was just trying to accurately reproduce these convoluted last couple of weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying through AMCAS this cycle. In the summer of 2015, I took a pre-college (no credit) summer course at Brown. I wasn't sure how to mark this on my application, so I called AAMC and was told to request a transcript exception because upon inquiry the brown pre-college program does not offer transcripts or keep transcript records. So I submitted my application on May 28th, and then on June 4th I received an email that my app was on hold, and my transcript exception request had been denied. I called AAMC and was told to ask for an official physical letter from Brown describing the situation to be mailed to AAMC. After telling the Brown pre-college program this, they told me because of COVID they will be unable to provide physical letters and could instead send an official email indicating confirmation of participation in the summer course in lieu of a transcript. Anyways, they finally emailed that to AAMC today (June 11th). Any thoughts on how long it will take for AAMC to process this request and proceed to verify my application?

I thought I prepared well this cycle and really did everything I could to check my bases. Any advice on how to handle the situation going forward?

Sorry for the rambling wall of text by the way, I was just trying to accurately reproduce these convoluted last couple of weeks.
you have to follow up as AAMC asked for a physical letter and you aren't fulfilling that requirement. No, it may be Brown's fault but its your responsibility. You may need to write asking for AAMC to accept the email as with COVID Brown was unable to provide a physical letter. Until that is cleared up, your application will remain on hold

you have to follow up as AAMC asked for a physical letter and you aren't fulfilling that requirement. No, it may be Brown's fault but its your responsibility. You may need to write asking for AAMC to accept the email as with COVID Brown was unable to provide a physical letter. Until that is cleared up, your application will remain on hold
Sorry, forgot to mention that I told AAMC that Brown couldn't supply a physical letter and they said an official email could be an acceptable alternative.

That is just one person who I was talking to on the phone though, and I could see a situation where the email is rejected because there wasn't communication between the person I talked to and the person responsible for accepting my transcript exception request.

There is no way to talk to the e-transcript department at AAMC right? Only way is the official phone number and AAMC contact us?

Last edited:
Sorry, forgot to mention that I told AAMC that Brown couldn't supply a physical letter and they said an official email could be an acceptable alternative.

That is just one person who I was talking to on the phone though, and I could see a situation where the email is rejected because there wasn't communication between the person I talked to and the person responsible for accepting my transcript exception request.

There is no way to talk to the e-transcript department at AAMC right? Only way is the official phone number and AAMC contact us?
Correct

Status
Not open for further replies.