transcript question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mayriver

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if we are supposed to send new copies of official transcripts to schools where we're accepted/waitlisted? Between undergrad and postbac I have 4 schools to send transcripts from, do I need to have all 4 sent to all the schools I might end up attending. Didn't AMCAS do this already? Thanks - I'm a bit confused.

Members don't see this ad.

As far as I understood, you should just send the updated transcripts to AMCAS and AMCAS will forward them to the schools....

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure about this.... :cool:

As far as requiring official transcripts, I'm guessing it depends on the school. But AMCAS will NOT send out your official transcripts, but simply verify what you wrote on your application.
My school does require official transcripts from accepted students before registration.

Members don't see this ad :)
As far as I can see, you need to send your 'official transcripts' to the school before school starts. :cool:
If you have updated transcripts, you would definintely send that to the school...
Play it safe by calling the school, or send it anyways. I'm sending my transcripts VERY soon. Takes so long to get it processed and sent out from my school. :mad:

thanks for your responses, I agree the best bet is to send it to the school I'm enrolled in, and call my wail list schools to ask. Besides, it gives me another excuse to call and dig for info about my status. Good luck to everyone -