Transcript Request

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnnyOU

Slow like Honey
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am about to send off my official transcript request forms to the two universities I've attended.

I have printed out the forms from aamc.org and it has 3 places for info to be added. Signature/Date/Amount

Does anyone know what Amount is?

And do I need to send any money for the transcript or is that a school-specific issue?

Thanks,
Johnny

Members don't see this ad.

JohnnyOU said:
I am about to send off my official transcript request forms to the two universities I've attended.

I have printed out the forms from aamc.org and it has 3 places for info to be added. Signature/Date/Amount

And do I need to send any money for the transcript or is that a school-specific issue?

Thanks,
Johnny

school-specific i believe...some colleges require $$$ to send out official transcripts...check w/ them in case. if not, you're good to go :thumbup:

JohnnyOU said:

Thanks,
Johnny

i had the same question. when I called AMCAS they told me it was for the school to use (whatever you put in for the amount has no bearing with AMCAS). for the amount, simply put the total your school is going to charge you for your transcripts i.e. the amount depends on how many transcripts you are getting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Check out your school's website, see how much they charge for a transcript to be mailed out, and send 'em their money. Both my transcripts are now at AMCAS. Yay!

school specific. One of my schools (the ivy of course) wants money for transcript requests. The other (the no-name) sends them for free.

Official transcript fee varies from school to school. Rutgers, for instance, gives it for free of charge while my beloved University of Minnesota charges 8 big bucks.

Check out your schools registrar's website and if you wanted to, you could print out of the form and fax in 'official transcript request form' along with the form AAMCAS wants you to send. If you fax in, more than likely you will have to pay with a your good friend - Credit card.

Shahab

I second shahab. For all 3 of my transcripts I sent the school's official form along with the AMCAS form. I knew that for my main undergrad, at least, they wouldn't accept it without the school's form. I made a note on the school form asking them to include the AMCAS form with the transcripts. It must have worked because all of my transcripts have been received :)

I'd suggest looking into the schools' official forms. You don't want them to not process your request for some silly reason like they only accept internal forms.