Transcript Status - not received yet!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dwarfplanet

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school mailed my transcript on May 16th and I still haven’t received an update that amcas has received it. Has anyone else sent it around the same time and had it arrive by now? I’m going to call amcas today and ask about it, kinda down to the wire now.

Members don't see this ad.

My school mailed my transcript on May 16th and I still haven’t received an update that amcas has received it. Has anyone else sent it around the same time and had it arrive by now? I’m going to call amcas today and ask about it, kinda down to the wire now.
This is going to be a silly question, but is there a red X next to the transcript on your AMCAS homepage?

I never got a receipt email, I just saw it update on AMCAS.

This is going to be a silly question, but is there a red X next to the transcript on your AMCAS homepage?

I never got a receipt email, I just saw it update on AMCAS.

No, I still have a status next to it that says Not Received on my dashboard

Members don't see this ad :)
I gave them a call and they don’t have it yet. They recommended that my school send it electronically but I’m 99.9% certain my school doesn’t send transcripts electronically. Any advice? Is it possible to overnight it, should I send it again, should I just wait it out?

Was in a very similar situation until Friday. Ordered transcript May 6th and registrar said it was mailed on May 6th, as of last Tuesday it was not received. I called AMCAS and all they said was yeah, we don’t have it, send it again maybe? So I sent another transcript. On Friday, both of the transcripts I’d sent were marked received at the same time. Not sure what happened exactly but if I were you I’d send another! AMCAS unfortunately probably won’t have much to say aside from we don’t see your transcript marked received and therefore we don’t have it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I had a transcript that could only be mailed and it took more than 2 weeks to be marked received (last year), so it could be fine. I also had an electronically submitted on that took 2+ days to show up as received.

Okay, thank you for your responses. I’m in a bit of a panic mode right now :eek: I had holds on my records due to unpaid balances that kept me from sending mine in earlier.

I’m going to call the registrar office tomorrow and make sure they don’t send it electronically, if they don’t then I’ll see if I can somehow pay to overnight it? Otherwise I’ll just submit another request for them to send it by snail mail I guess. Not much else I can do.

The amcas representative did say that sending another request “starts the process all over again,” which I don’t entirely understand.

Was in a very similar situation until Friday. Ordered transcript May 6th and registrar said it was mailed on May 6th, as of last Tuesday it was not received. I called AMCAS and all they said was yeah, we don’t have it, send it again maybe? So I sent another transcript. On Friday, both of the transcripts I’d sent were marked received at the same time. Not sure what happened exactly but if I were you I’d send another! AMCAS unfortunately probably won’t have much to say aside from we don’t see your transcript marked received and therefore we don’t have it.

When you sent the second one, did you use a different request form?

When you sent the second one, did you use a different request form?
I actually just called my registrar’s office and explained that the last one wasn’t received, and they went ahead and sent another copy without me having to pay/request it. I just double checked that the address was correct and they sent it on its way. Not sure if your school will be as accommodating, but worth a shot!

I actually just called my registrar’s office and explained that the last one wasn’t received, and they went ahead and sent another copy without me having to pay/request it. I just double checked that the address was correct and they sent it on its way. Not sure if your school will be as accommodating, but worth a shot!
Another silly question: Are they sending it with the transcript request form attached?

Another silly question: Are they sending it with the transcript request form attached?

They should have, I also requested that they send it to AACOMAS, and that was received last Thursday. AACOMAS requires a request form too, so I would imagine that my school has been using them.

Will do. Thank you!

They should have, I also requested that they send it to AACOMAS, and that was received last Thursday. AACOMAS requires a request form too, so I would imagine that my school has been using them.
Ah, I really had the exact same situation. My AACOMAS transcript was received 2 weeks before my AMCAS one came in. I really would say just be patient, send another transcript for your own peace of mind, but trust that it's coming through soon. Good luck!!

I’m having a similar issue, I had my school’s registrar first send a transcript via USPS on 5/2. The same transcript was sent to AACOMAS the same day (placed 2 orders at once), AACOMAS received & processed 5/7.

I called AMCAS support last week and they said they haven’t received it, and that I should send it again. The rep also said that if it was eventually received twice it wouldn’t slow down processing or anything of that sort. I sent it again last week so I’m waiting to see if AMCAS has it processed sometime this week.

I’m having a similar issue, I had my school’s registrar first send a transcript via USPS on 5/2. The same transcript was sent to AACOMAS the same day (placed 2 orders at once), AACOMAS received & processed 5/7.

I called AMCAS support last week and they said they haven’t received it, and that I should send it again. The rep also said that if it was eventually received twice it wouldn’t slow down processing or anything of that sort. I sent it again last week so I’m waiting to see if AMCAS has it processed sometime this week.

Oh man and you sent yours two weeks before I did. Yikes for me.

I’ll definitely send it again tomorrow after calling, I have heard of people getting it overnighted so I’ll see if that’s possible. Thanks for letting me know about whether or not it slows down the process, appreciate it. I guess we just have to be patient and hope it happens soon.

Oh man and you sent yours two weeks before I did. Yikes for me.

I’ll definitely send it again tomorrow after calling, I have heard of people getting it overnighted so I’ll see if that’s possible. Thanks for letting me know about whether or not it slows down the process, appreciate it. I guess we just have to be patient and hope it happens soon.

Definitely! I was going to overnight my second one as well but my school uses FedEx for overnight shipping and FedEx doesn’t deliver to P.O. Boxes in the U.S. so I had to send it through standard USPS again. Just something to be aware of in case your school uses a service other than USPS for overnight shipping.