turbomech7

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
Status
Upon receipt of a transcript, does AMCAS update the transcript status to "received" even if one has not submitted their application?

I sent my transcript in already and figured that the status would be changed to "ready for review" once they received it (despite me still working on my overall application)?

CTtarheel

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2006
Status
Medical Student
When they get your transcripts they send you an email. It also shows up under the "details" link where it says your application has not yet been submitted. It won't say "ready to review" until you have submitted. Actually it takes some time (less than a day) for it to switch from "awaiting transcripts" to "ready to reveiw" even after you have submitted and they have your transcripts. Hope this answers your question

OP
T

turbomech7

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
Status
So basically what you're saying is - I should be getting an email/(some notification) regardless of whether or not the overall application has been submitted???

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
When they get your transcripts, they send an email. I had this done in May.
When I submitted my application, I got an email.
When my application was verified, I got an email.

That's all.

10+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2005
Status
Medical Student
turbomech7 said:
So basically what you're saying is - I should be getting an email/(some notification) regardless of whether or not the overall application has been submitted???
yup. i got an email at the beginning of this past week, indicating that my transcript was received and i have not submitted yet.