transcript verification question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopkins2010

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about some of the symbols next to the transcript section. I know most of you havent had your app processed yet, but I want to hear your speculation on it and also possibly get some input from people who completed the application process last year.

On my AMCAS printout, there is one course marked with an "X" and multiple courses marked with "O"s. I originally sent 2 transcripts to AMCAS, one was before the Spring 2001 grades were posted and one was after the Spring 2001 grades were reflected on the transcript. They emailed me to say that they do have a transcript on file for me, but didnt specify which one or if they have both on file.

On the coursework, I went ahead and filled in the grades for the spring 2001 semester since I submitted on June 29th and already knew what the grades were. I also filled in what classes I would be taking in fall 2001 with no grades filled in.

On my verified coursework, Spring 2001 and Fall 2001 courses are all filled in with the Os. I double checked them and the grades and course info is completely correct. According to the printout, the following description of "O" is given:

"any course listed on the Academic Record but not reflected on an official transcript; format corrections were not required;"

The only thing I can think of is that they were using my pre-spring 2001 graded transcript when they verified my app. So I guess I have a couple of different questions:

1) What are format corrections?

2) Does this mean that they will need a new transcript from me or that my app is in limbo because they cant resolve these issues?

Of course I've tried to call AMCAS (cant get thru) and emailed them a couple of times (no response). I also checked the online application help but it just gives the same listing of symbol comments.

Anyone care to speculate what the "O" means? Is this a fatal error or is it something that AMCAS will work around and just modify things on their own?

Members don't see this ad.

hmmm sounds like you should send in ur transcript again and try calling them one more time and askign them urself....

I don't think anyone here really knows the answer baylor :(

sorry couldnt be of more help

Hey Baylor,

My app was processed yesterday (yay) and I have some of those X's and O's too. AMCAS made a point of adding all my PE courses (we have a requirement) even though they don't count for any credit. So, even though they make changes, and it reflects with the X's and O's, I don't think it is going to hold up your app at all. You could send them another transcript to reflect your spring grades, but my guess would be that that would set you back a little. If it were me I would just leave it for now. Any school that is looking at you seriously will probably want an updated transcript later on (with fall grades and everything), and you could wait til then to update your spring grades. Just my thoughts, you never can tell what the deal is with AMCAS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow - so AMCAS is really starting to verify transcripts. This is good news.

I agree that this is a positive thing. Those of you who have been verified, when did you submit, and when was it processed?

Originally posted by grasshopper:
•I agree that this is a positive thing. Those of you who have been verified, when did you submit, and when was it processed?•

I submitted on June 29th, and I have a processing date of July 21st.

Swimgirl is the only other person I am aware of whose app has been processed.

Swimgirl, I'm assuming you have that new "change notification process" button on your app? I thought about sending a message thru it to AMCAS, but I'm not sure if it would delay the app because it makes you recertify. Whats your take on this?

Correction: Smoke's app has now been processed along with me and swimgirl.

Originally posted by baylor21:
•Correction: Smoke's app has now been processed along with me and swimgirl.•
Grasshopper: I submitted June 22 (my last name begins with A), and the processing date is today, July 25. It wasn't processed this afternoon as of like 4pm Eastern, I just found out when I got back to my house at about 7:30 pm. The weird thing was that my certification date got magically pushed back from 6/26 to 7/20, even though I never resubmitted.

Take this news for what it's worth, though, which isn't much: AMCAS still can't transmit full apps, and I would guess that they won't even try until a lot more apps are processed so they have something to send. Good luck everyone.

Dude, they can't be processing alphabetically. It wouldn't make any sense. They would miss all the new apps that are being submitted. They should be processing by submission date (if they were a logical bunch). Of course, maybe I'm just saying this cuz I submitted on 6/23, certified on 6/26. Anybody else who submitted before me get processed?